ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK absence & salary query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sherkhan297

UK absence & salary query

Post by sherkhan297 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi,

I have completed 5 years in the UK and my UK absences are at the exact limit of 180 days during this period. However, there was one business related trip of 105 days (included in this 180). This was a planned trip and due to company policy the salary was moved from the UK to the overseas location.

I have been in contact with a solicitor who says that this should be alright and that if the company can confrim with a letter that the payroll was changed due to internal policy and that I maintained business relations with the UK, it should be alright to make the application which would be straightforward.

I already have a letter confirming my business absence of 105 days from the UK from my company.

Suggestions from any senior members or anyone with such a scenario would be very helpful.

Wanted to know if the absence letter and payroll letter evidence (if I can get this from the employer, who is now my ex-employer) will suffice and make the application stronger increasing chances of a successful application?

Thanks in advance.

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:41 am

What connections you had with UK during those 105 days?

Producing letter of paying outside UK may be counter productive.
Even if you have been paid outside UK by UK employer without deducting income tax and NI you were liable to pay tax on that earnings in UK yourself being resident of UK. Which would not be the case.

I think letter from employer you have allready would serve the purpose apart from highlighting your ties if any with UK in that period.

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 am

Hi,

Thanks for your post jami.
I was working for the same uk business overseas and was also working uk time to coordinate with the business. I returned back after the planned duration (which was slightly extended and was 105 days away in total).

I have the absence letter stating the reason for travel and that I was having connections with the uk, however payroll details are not mentioned explicitly.

As you mention, this should suffice ? And if I do a same day application, I could explain the reason in case they ask regarding salary?

Thanks again

R-R
Newly Registered

Post by R-R » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi Sharekhan,

How did your application go. Did you get ILR on same day?

Cheers !

skano
Newly Registered

status

Post by skano » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 am

Hi sherkhan297,

The forum expects to know your status so that everybody can gain from your experience.

Can you please update?

Regards,
skano

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:25 pm

people get input and then they run away

shame :oops:
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:38 pm

indianinworld wrote:people get input and then they run away

shame :oops:
Don't come to conclusions without knowing his circumstances.