ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for dependent visa for son for first time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shimu
Newly Registered

Applying for dependent visa for son for first time

Post by shimu » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 am

Myself and my husband have been working in the UK for many years now. Currently, my husband is on tier 1 and I am on dependant visa. We have a 2.5 yr old son who has been with his grandparents in India for last 1 year. He was born here in UK. Then I took him to India when he was 2 months old. My husband was still in the UK. I brought my son back when he was 10 months old - on a family visitor visa. I also came on family visitor visa. Myself and son left UK after 4-5 months and then I came alone on dependent visa and have been here ever since.

I want to bring my son back now. We would also like the grandmom to come along for 2-3 months.

I have the following questions:

1. I will apply for Tier 1 dependant visa for my son because now he will live with us. Some one told me it takes 3 months for the FIRST dependant visa of a child ! Is that true ?

2. Since grandmom will bring our son with her from India ( I dont plan to go and bring them), do we have to mention this in the application ?

3. We will apply for family visitor visa for grandmom. Is there any problem with that?

4. Whose visa should I apply first - son or the grandmom . Or should I apply together.

thanks in advance for your help.

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:54 am

1. See Guide to visa processing times (other non settlement visas).
2. Yes. The (visitor) application form asks for information about child(ren) travelling with the applicant.
3. No.
4. IMHO, the applications should be submitted at the same time.

Child application (Tier 1 (General) dependant) - Include consent letter from parent(s) and to state that the child will be travelling with grandmother (if both applications are being made at the same time, then also mention that the grandmother is applying for visitor visa at the same time). Include personal details page(s) of the passport and copy of Tier 1 vignette (or BRP) of both parents.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

harikora
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for dependent visa for son for first time

Post by harikora » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:11 pm

shimu wrote:Myself and my husband have been working in the UK for many years now. Currently, my husband is on tier 1 and I am on dependant visa. We have a 2.5 yr old son who has been with his grandparents in India for last 1 year. He was born here in UK. Then I took him to India when he was 2 months old. My husband was still in the UK. I brought my son back when he was 10 months old - on a family visitor visa. I also came on family visitor visa. Myself and son left UK after 4-5 months and then I came alone on dependent visa and have been here ever since.

I want to bring my son back now. We would also like the grandmom to come along for 2-3 months.

I have the following questions:

1. I will apply for Tier 1 dependant visa for my son because now he will live with us. Some one told me it takes 3 months for the FIRST dependant visa of a child ! Is that true ?

2. Since grandmom will bring our son with her from India ( I dont plan to go and bring them), do we have to mention this in the application ?

3. We will apply for family visitor visa for grandmom. Is there any problem with that?

4. Whose visa should I apply first - son or the grandmom . Or should I apply together.

thanks in advance for your help.

regards

I am in a similar situation and wondering if i should apply for my son from India as a dependent of person settled in UK or to go for citizenship registration and then UK passport application.

can you tell me what have done in your case? if any outcome?

Thanks for help in advance.