ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gentlejuke

British Passport Application query

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi- I am applying British Passport for my kid as he has got British Registration through MN1 under section1(3).

As part of filling passport application, would you be able to help me on following queries please?

1. Counter signature of my kid passport application is my Friend who works in British Telecom. Can I mention he knows me as a 'Friend' in application? or is that shold be a professional relation?

2. I am sending following documents:
1. Original Full Birth Certificate.
2. Original British Citizenship Registration certificate
3. Original Parents Marriage Certificate.
4. Original Both Parents passports having ILR stamping.

Can I submit my wife passport alone as I might have to travel abroad coming days. If so, Section-9 mentioned Father (me) applying for kid, so is it mandatory that I have to send my passport as well?

3. Section-4 says: If both parents were born after 31st December 1982, OR we born abroad, we also need the full name, town, country, date of birth and marriage of your grandparents, (or details of your parents claim to British nationality). Write these details in section 8, or on a separate sheet of paper.I am not sure it applies to me? We(parents) born aborad, so planning provide all grand parents details through cover letter.

Thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 am

You can use your friend as countersignatory as long as they have known you for more than 2 years, have a valid UK passport and are on the list of professionals (similar list as for the naturalisation). They don't need to know you in a professional capacity. A friend is good enough as long as he meets the above.

There is no need to send parents passports or marriage certificate. If the child has a valid non-UK passport, you will need to send that also.

The section about the grandparents is not relevant if applying using a registration certificate (although sometimes PO check&send insist on having this fill in also).

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks Jambo!!

I have submitted application through Check & Send. 'Friend' is my countersignature.

Original parent passports not submitted along with application.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:01 pm

I have recieved my Kid Passport today.

Thanks for your support

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:55 pm

gentlejuke wrote:I have recieved my Kid Passport today.

Thanks for your support
Congratulations mate,

If I may ask did you also complete section 8 (details of granparents) when you had used Check & Send service.

Cheers,