ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success! Tier 1 2nd early extension in Solihull, 12/10

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

Success! Tier 1 2nd early extension in Solihull, 12/10

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:03 pm

I came to the UK at Oct 2007 with HSMP visa, extended at Mar 2009 (Tier 1 visa, valid until Sep 2012).

I could have waited until Sep 2012 and apply for ILR. The only reason why I applied so early for another extension was peace of mind (in case I have problem getting the ILR, not that I can forsee any problem).

The whole process was very quick, within minutes the caseworker told me that application is approved (after warning me that the new visa will be valid from the date of application, which was fine by me).

He asked for application form, then went through it and asked for pay slips (I had 12 + employer's letter as for the first month my salary was paid in two installments due to admin error, I explained him that and referred him to the letter, he was fine with it). All pay slips were from the same employer.

Then, he asked for maintanance proof, I gave him last 4 statements of my savings account. He said that I did the right thing in giving more statments than asked (better have too much than not enough, that's what he said).

Then, he went for few minutes with my passport and when he came back he told me that my application is approved and I'll get 2 years extension (new visa will be valid until 12th Oct 2013) and I should go to the other counter and pay.

I paid £1300 with my visa debit card, no issues with that (I called the bank in advance). The cashier said that usually people with Natwest card (I bank with HSBC) have problems.

Then, they took my biometrics, and told me that I need to wait an hour to get my papers back and the approval letter.

I went outside for a walk, came back after half an hour and collected all my papers (besides the employer's letter that they kept, I think they said for verification checks).

The only thing that was strange is that they didn't mention on the approval letter the valid until date of the new visa. I was only told that date (12th oct 2013) verbally and they said it'd appear on the biometric residence permit (which I should get in the post within 7 working days).

I got same amount of points for age & qualification as I got in previous application and didn't need to supply my degree certificate again.

Good luck to you all, that's a very good forum.

bsrt
Newly Registered

Post by bsrt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:28 pm

I wonder why the second extension is for 2 years. Your visa was for 2+3 years, so I thought the second extension would be for 3 years as well... Anyone with a different experience?

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Re: Success! Tier 1 2nd early extension in Solihull, 12/10

Post by ScopeD » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Good stuff this is. all the best with your ILR

IG Associates
Newly Registered

Post by IG Associates » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience and congrats..

alladin

Post by alladin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Hello hsmp_to_tier1,

Thanks for letting the forum know about your successful application. It is certainly good to hear.

You said "I got same amount of points for age & qualification as I got in previous application and didn't need to supply my degree certificate again".

Could you please tell if you have got the points for age on Oct 2007 or on Mar 2009.

thanks,
alladin

hsmp_to_tier1 wrote:I came to the UK at Oct 2007 with HSMP visa, extended at Mar 2009 (Tier 1 visa, valid until Sep 2012).

I could have waited until Sep 2012 and apply for ILR. The only reason why I applied so early for another extension was peace of mind (in case I have problem getting the ILR, not that I can forsee any problem).

The whole process was very quick, within minutes the caseworker told me that application is approved (after warning me that the new visa will be valid from the date of application, which was fine by me).

He asked for application form, then went through it and asked for pay slips (I had 12 + employer's letter as for the first month my salary was paid in two installments due to admin error, I explained him that and referred him to the letter, he was fine with it). All pay slips were from the same employer.

Then, he asked for maintanance proof, I gave him last 4 statements of my savings account. He said that I did the right thing in giving more statments than asked (better have too much than not enough, that's what he said).

Then, he went for few minutes with my passport and when he came back he told me that my application is approved and I'll get 2 years extension (new visa will be valid until 12th Oct 2013) and I should go to the other counter and pay.

I paid £1300 with my visa debit card, no issues with that (I called the bank in advance). The cashier said that usually people with Natwest card (I bank with HSBC) have problems.

Then, they took my biometrics, and told me that I need to wait an hour to get my papers back and the approval letter.

I went outside for a walk, came back after half an hour and collected all my papers (besides the employer's letter that they kept, I think they said for verification checks).

The only thing that was strange is that they didn't mention on the approval letter the valid until date of the new visa. I was only told that date (12th oct 2013) verbally and they said it'd appear on the biometric residence permit (which I should get in the post within 7 working days).

I got same amount of points for age & qualification as I got in previous application and didn't need to supply my degree certificate again.

mah

Post by mah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks for sharing your success. But Why did you apply for second extension. You could apply for ILR in Sep 2012 since you had 5
years stay in the UK?

Mah
hsmp_to_tier1 wrote:I came to the UK at Oct 2007 with HSMP visa, extended at Mar 2009 (Tier 1 visa, valid until Sep 2012).