ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does the Citizenship Ceremony last?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sylang
Newly Registered

How long does the Citizenship Ceremony last?

Post by sylang » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:37 pm

just made my appointment and the lady said it starts from 11 and would be finished by 12. 10 minutes later found i have an important work meeting start at 12 on the same day. Would like to know how long the ceremony usually lasts? it only takes max 20 minutes from the register office to my office so there is a chance that i can just about fit both in if the ceremony finishes in 40 minutes. Thank you all in advance

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:45 pm

It depends on how many are attending. I would take the advice you've been given. None of the forum members are likely to be more accurate than someone handling the arrangements for the ceremony!

sylang
Newly Registered

Post by sylang » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:51 pm

thank you. that makes sense

Markie

Re: How long does the Citizenship Ceremony last?

Post by Markie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:14 am

if it is a private ceremony then 15min tops as this was our route when we had the ceremony. If public - it will depend on the number of attendees in the ceremony as the lady we've spoken mentioned that the longest they had was 2.5hrs in Kingston.
sylang wrote:just made my appointment and the lady said it starts from 11 and would be finished by 12. 10 minutes later found i have an important work meeting start at 12 on the same day. Would like to know how long the ceremony usually lasts? it only takes max 20 minutes from the register office to my office so there is a chance that i can just about fit both in if the ceremony finishes in 40 minutes. Thank you all in advance

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:43 am

On point to consider is do you really want to be watching the clock during the ceremony? :?

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:33 pm

On point to consider is do you really want to be watching the clock during the ceremony?
I agree, should rebook or delay the official appointment.