ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application - Big blender - Facing problems

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nax_72

OCI application - Big blender - Facing problems

Post by nax_72 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:52 am

We (2 adults+2 kids) applied for OCI 3 weeks ago. Last week we received a letter that we mentioned 'Yes' in the place of Bangladesh or Pakistan nationality. I was totally surprised how I mentioned 'Yes' if we never had one. When I checked the question, I misunderstood the typographical error 'or' just after applicant(s) as 'not'. See the question as such asked in the OCI Part B of the application:

18. Is (are) the applicant(s) or had ever been citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh at any time? Yes/No
If yes, give specific details.

I called the Indian Consulate Edinburgh to mention the mistake I did when filing the application. I got the answer that it is enough to send the corrected 2 pages alone for further process. I did that and the further process is today letter asking to produce the same by a Affidavit signed or stamped by a notary.

Can anyone help me how to do this. My whole application is a postal application. If I understand correctly they want a proof that those two pages are really send by me. I am also going to call them this afternoon at 2:30 what I should follow.

But any help is appreciated.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Two options
1.Go in person to submit the same
2.Have them notarised( it will cost ) and then send them by post

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:39 am

gidoc wrote:Two options
1.Go in person to submit the same
2.Have them notarised( it will cost ) and then send them by post
Thanks for the ideas. Let me see what can work out for me.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:30 pm

Just for information.

I had sent an affidavit sealed and signed by the notary. Now the OCI has been granted and despacted from Delhi. But not yet received at CGI, Edinburgh. But all in all CGI, Edinburgh is very slow in processing time when compared to HCI, London.