ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualification start and end dates in application form??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Qualification start and end dates in application form??

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:39 pm

The applicaiton form for Tier 1 (General) extension asks to enter start and end date of your course. My degree shows it ended in june 2005 and I know it started in july 2003. I have no idea about the exact dates about when it started and ended. Though I already claimed points for that degree in my initial application and now I dont remember what I entered at that time as I applied through some consultant.
Will that be ok if I just mention first day and last day for those months?

LostInCountry

Re: Qualification start and end dates in application form??

Post by LostInCountry » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Sukhpreet Singh wrote:Though I already claimed points for that degree in my initial application and now I dont remember what I entered at that time as I applied through some consultant.
I was in the same boat for my extension. Didn't remember the dates for the course put on the initial application.

For the extension I put start date from the Transfer Certificate of the college while I just chose the end date as the last date of the month that my exams concluded.

Got the extension without any problem. So I don't think there would be a problem as the qualification was already verified in the initial application.

And for future (extension or ILR) I saved a scanned copy of the application form to avoid being in the situation again!

Sukhpreet Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Sukhpreet Singh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:13 pm

thanks for your reply..
Well i dont even have any transfer certificate and just know the month.. so after posting my query here I also tried calling the help line and they finally picked up the phone lol
She suggested that if you are not sure about it then dont write lies in any case and better put it in your cover letter and leave the dd box blank. And she emphasized that you should always cover yourself.. So probably I will keep the dd box blank and mention in the cover letter that since I am not sure about the start dates and end dates so I have kept it blank and enclose my degree with it....

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Sukhpreet Singh wrote:thanks for your reply..
Well i dont even have any transfer certificate and just know the month.. so after posting my query here I also tried calling the help line and they finally picked up the phone lol
She suggested that if you are not sure about it then dont write lies in any case and better put it in your cover letter and leave the dd box blank. And she emphasized that you should always cover yourself.. So probably I will keep the dd box blank and mention in the cover letter that since I am not sure about the start dates and end dates so I have kept it blank and enclose my degree with it....
It seems irrelevant that the Home Office would even need that information. I guess it's a further resort to making the verification checks to prove you obtain a degree certificate that is genuine.