ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Years ILR Granted Today

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zebra3

14 Years ILR Granted Today

Post by zebra3 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi All :D

I am over the moon, I had a call this morning from my solicitor, I have been granted ILR based on 14 years stay, I can't believe how quick that was, I sent my application on the 9th August 2011, and visa was stamped 13 October 2011 and received by my solicitor today.

I need a break. thank you to all on this forum, which I am a proud member of and I am going to be.

thank You and good Luck for everyone waitin

Zebra3

jimy
Newly Registered

congratsssssss

Post by jimy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:31 am

big time congratssss bruve.....buhat khub...yashi marooooo....

John

Post by John » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:57 am

zebra3, wow, just over 2 months for a 14-year ILR application. Amazing, and congratulations to you.

It will be interesting to see if others post about such speedy treatment. Historically 14-year applications have been taking over a year to be processed.
John

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:53 am

John wrote:zebra3, wow, just over 2 months for a 14-year ILR application. Amazing, and congratulations to you.

It will be interesting to see if others post about such speedy treatment. Historically 14-year applications have been taking over a year to be processed.
thank you John, that’s what I thought when I had a call yesterday, perhaps the only thing that made it quicker is I am known to the home office as they have issued me with DLR back in Nov 2009

I am grateful and proud of the forum and will always have an input whenever I can. It’s a great forum

John, do you have an idea when will I be Illegible to a Citizenship? I have been married to a British Citizen for 3 years this October?

These are my time lines for anyone on this forum waiting for a decision on their application and good luck (be Patient)

Arrived in the UK: 10 August 1997
Married October 2008 - FLR (M) sent 18 October 2008
Granted DLR using FLR (M) Form: 23 Nov 2009
10 August 2011 - 14 years in the UK

Sent Application: 9th August 2011
Acknowledgment letter dated: 12th August 2011
Letter Arrived to my Solicitor: 18th August 2011
Payments taken: 17th August 2011 (paid by cheque)
File and passport received by my solicitor on 20 October 2011

Thnak you again for all your help. keep up the good work on this great forum.

Zebra3 :)

zebra3

Re: congratsssssss

Post by zebra3 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:53 am

jimy wrote:big time congratssss bruve.....buhat khub...yashi marooooo....
Many thanks :D

John

Post by John » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:09 am

zebra3, yes I think that helped. That is, whilst a 14-year application is for someone who was not "legal" in the UK for at least part of the 14 years, the fact that you were "legal" in the last part of the period will have helped.

When can you apply for Naturalisation? Without delving into your full UK immigration history it is impossible to say. However we can be certain that you were "legal" in the UK as from 23 Nov 2009, so you can definitely (under current legislation) apply for Naturalisation as from 23 Nov 2012.

Can you apply any earlier than that? Your full UK immigration history prior to 23.11.09 would be required.

But what does your solicitors say? They obviously have details of your full UK immigration history?
John

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:18 am

John wrote:zebra3, yes I think that helped. That is, whilst a 14-year application is for someone who was not "legal" in the UK for at least part of the 14 years, the fact that you were "legal" in the last part of the period will have helped.

When can you apply for Naturalisation? Without delving into your full UK immigration history it is impossible to say. However we can be certain that you were "legal" in the UK as from 23 Nov 2009, so you can definitely (under current legislation) apply for Naturalisation as from 23 Nov 2012.

Can you apply any earlier than that? Your full UK immigration history prior to 23.11.09 would be required.

But what does your solicitors say? They obviously have details of your full UK immigration history?
Hi John,
Thank you for a quick reply
I had no legal status prior to 23 Nov 2009, the home office used their Discretion due to the length of the relationship, I met my wife in 1998 and we have been together since, married in 2008. And she also suffers panic attacks, all the above has been backed up by paper work.

my solicitor is off ill at the moment, it was a trainee solicitor who has rung me yesterday when he got the mail from UKBA.

thank you
Abdel

John

Post by John » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:01 pm

I had no legal status prior to 23 Nov 2009
It is up to you whether you tell us. But for example, did you come here legally and then overstay? Or did you arrive in the proverbial back of a lorry? And then you applied for asylum? If so, after you arrived, how long before you applied for asylum?
John

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:04 pm

John wrote:
I had no legal status prior to 23 Nov 2009
It is up to you whether you tell us. But for example, did you come here legally and then overstay? Or did you arrive in the proverbial back of a lorry? And then you applied for asylum? If so, after you arrived, how long before you applied for asylum?
no John, I came on eurostar and been here Illegaly until 2008 when I got married and applied to the home office, never claimed asylum.

John

Post by John » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks for that but in my mind that confirms that you will need to wait until 23 Nov 2012, at the earliest, before applying for Naturalisation.
John

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 pm

John wrote:Thanks for that but in my mind that confirms that you will need to wait until 23 Nov 2012, at the earliest, before applying for Naturalisation.
Many Thanks John. have a nice weekend, Abdel

Onlinealien
Newly Registered

Post by Onlinealien » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:37 am

Good to hear zebra3 for getting your life sorted :D .

I sent my application the same time as you and in the last week they returned the application asking me to provide further evidence for 4 separate gap years in which I had no bills or proofs. I've been here for 15 years illegally (student visas) and they are asking me to provide the current password as if I have been having holidays all over the world and been allowed to travel out of the country.

Did you have bills and evidences for all 14 years, by the way?

I believe I will be granted ILR in this country when reach 104 and then I will start my life :x

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Onlinealien wrote:Good to hear zebra3 for getting your life sorted :D .

I sent my application the same time as you and in the last week they returned the application asking me to provide further evidence for 4 separate gap years in which I had no bills or proofs. I've been here for 15 years illegally (student visas) and they are asking me to provide the current password as if I have been having holidays all over the world and been allowed to travel out of the country.

Did you have bills and evidences for all 14 years, by the way?

I believe I will be granted ILR in this country when reach 104 and then I will start my life :x

lolo I like the 104 bit, dont give up, yes I had papers on my name from the end on 1997 when I joined college etc and ever since any piece of paper on my name I kept it. good luck with your case. try to get reference letters of people who have know that you were here, or doctors etc. you have 28 days to send the the documents back.

good luck