ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EU SPOUSE JOINING EU SPOUSE IN DUBLIN ADVISE

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nad2107

NON EU SPOUSE JOINING EU SPOUSE IN DUBLIN ADVISE

Post by nad2107 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi

I am currently based in dublin and would like to apply for my spouse is in pakistan to join me.

I am a british passport holder and was based in pakistan for the last few months however due to the current security situation in the country decided to relocate to dublin.

i wanted some advise on what the best way to apply for a visa for my spouse to join me would be and what documents would be needed and also how long the whole process would take.

i am getting various different answers so thought would seek advise from someone who has already been through this.

any advise would be highly appreciated.

thanks

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:23 pm

apply for spouse visa under EU directive...contact the embassy of Ireland in Pakistan for more information.

Ireland Consulate , Pakistan

29 Ground Floor, Sidco Avenue Centre, Moulana Din Mohammad Wafai Road
Karachi
Pakistan
Phone:
+92-21-9206654
+92-21-9206655
Fax:
+92-21-9206656
Email:
irishcons@cyber.net.pk

nad2107

thanks

Post by nad2107 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:42 pm

hi

thanks for the info. already contacted the guys there but the phone is answered by some local guys who dont have much info. they advised me that i need to be working for a year then have 6 months bank statements and payslips and then apply and the waiting time is 6 months -8 months. so by the time u get a visa its ver 2 years which is really shocking.

thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: thanks

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:05 am

nad2107 wrote:thanks for the info. already contacted the guys there but the phone is answered by some local guys who dont have much info. they advised me that i need to be working for a year then have 6 months bank statements and payslips and then apply and the waiting time is 6 months -8 months. so by the time u get a visa its ver 2 years which is really shocking
How long have you been in Ireland? Are you working?

If you have been in Ireland less than 3 months then the requirements are trivial: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/04 ... u-citizen/

If you have been in Ireland for more than 3 months, then you need to be working or otherwise exercising treaty rights. A payslip or letter from your employer is the evidence you need.

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:41 am

hi

i have been here less then a week and am looking for work which will be sorted out soon im hoping.

thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:31 am

So you do not need to provide any evidence you are working. Your wife should include a cover letter stating the date of your arrival and that you have been in Ireland for less than 3 months.

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:40 am

great thanks so much for ur help. i was beginning to despair as getting so many different answers even spoke to three different lawyers who all gave e completely different information. but the link u gave me is very straight forward. i really appreciate ur help.

thank u

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:03 pm

nad2107 wrote:great thanks so much for ur help. i was beginning to despair as getting so many different answers even spoke to three different lawyers who all gave e completely different information. but the link u gave me is very straight forward. i really appreciate ur help.
The situation should be simple:
You are an EU citizen (not Irish).
You are in the initial period of your residence in Ireland (first 90 days) during which there are no requirements for your residence.
You are legally married (where and how were you married?)

Now Irish embassies are not exactly known for knowing the law. See some of the material at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/eu-coun ... o-ireland/

If you have ANY problem, please report back here. Do the application quickly, which you are still clearly in the initial 90 day period.

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:10 pm

hi

i got married in march and was staying in pakistan with my husband. since then the security issues are so bad there. i decided i could not live there no more.

so the best thing to do was move to another eu country and i decided ireland as i speak the language and thought it would be easier to settle somewhere that i can understand the language.

so arrived on sunday and since then just been looking at ways for him to join me. i wish i had contacted u before i left that way we could have travelled together atleast.

what i was being told at the embassy in pakistan was i need to be working and provide bank statements and payslips and all that as well.

can i do the application in ireland itself or does it have be done by him there

and how long should it take for them to issue a visa as when i rang them i got told the time frame is atleast 3-6 months to processs

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:53 pm

sorry

can u also advice me that when we submit his application for visa what shall we say on the forms joining eu spouse or is there another application. and have u any idea what form it is that is required as i have been guided to 3 different forms

god can u believe even the authorities themselves dont know the right information. its shocking that they get paid to do these jobs out of the tax payers money when they havent a clue what they r doing

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:05 pm

We would all hope that civil servants would know the law well, and be pleasant to deal with. But unfortunately the are some who either are very ignorant of the law, or who are nasty pieces of work. Just like in other areas of life!

I would suggest you contact Solvit now (via http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/ ) : tell them that the Irish embassy is asking for proof that you are working, but explain that have only been in Ireland for one week, and that you are not legally required to be working in the first three months. Ask for their help.

In the mean time, put together the visa application. Your husband will need a photocopy of your passport, a marriage certificate, and his passport. Have him submit the application as soon as possible.

He should include a cover letter that says basically:
* I am married to a XXXX YYYY, who is a citizen of EUMEMBERSTATE (marriage certificate enclosed)
* She arrived in Ireland on DATE, and so is in her period of initial residence in Ireland (fully meeting the requirements of 6.(1) of S.I. No. 226 of 2006 - European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006)
* I have enclosed my passport and a photocopy of my wife's passport
* please issue the visa as soon as possible, and on the basis of an accelerated process
* she will be meeting me at Dublin airport on my arrival

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:53 pm

brilliant thanks mate. this is great.

so the application needs to be made online any idea which option we should select for visa type join spouse short time or long term. as i guess it would be long term

sorry for asking such stupid questions just dont want to get it wrong

tickletori
Newly Registered

Post by tickletori » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
nad2107 wrote:great thanks so much for ur help. i was beginning to despair as getting so many different answers even spoke to three different lawyers who all gave e completely different information. but the link u gave me is very straight forward. i really appreciate ur help.
The situation should be simple:
You are an EU citizen (not Irish).
You are in the initial period of your residence in Ireland (first 90 days) during which there are no requirements for your residence.
You are legally married (where and how were you married?)

Now Irish embassies are not exactly known for knowing the law. See some of the material at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/eu-coun ... o-ireland/

If you have ANY problem, please report back here. Do the application quickly, which you are still clearly in the initial 90 day period.

Hi - I am in a similar situation however from the information i have found i thought i would of had to live and work in Ireland (or an EU state) for a year before we could apply for my husband (from a non-EU state) to come over. Can anyone explain what would happen if he would be allowed to come over in the first 3 months of me being there ( i have yet to move) Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Depends on your citizenship. If you have a Canadian passport, then that might be correct information. If you have a non-Irish EU passport then your husband can immediately come to Ireland.

tickletori
Newly Registered

Post by tickletori » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Depends on your citizenship. If you have a Canadian passport, then that might be correct information. If you have a non-Irish EU passport then your husband can immediately come to Ireland.
I have a british passport - how can he come immediately come to ireland? What is the process?

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:27 am

i guess it would be a case of appying for he visa in his country and submitting with ur passport copy, his passport and attested marriage certificate.

this is pretty much all the list is saying and if someone says to u that u need bank statements, payslips, tenancy agreement etc they r wrong u dont need anything fro the usual requirements

which country is he in.

do let me know if im wrong as we have not yet applied but will do on monday.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:45 am

You are pretty much correct!

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:39 am

does one need to apply in country of spouses residence from where the will be joining me from in ireland or can i submit the application in dublin

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:09 am

Your spouse will apply wherever they are located

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi there. Me and my partner are in similar circumstances.

We are currently in Azerbaijan together. I have been here 3 weeks. We made our application for a visit visa for my wife to accompany me to Ireland (she is from Azerbaijan).

We stated in the letter we are applying under the Directive/2004/38/EC. Supplied them with our original, British marriage certificate (we got married in January 2011 in Manchester, England while she was visiting me in the UK) a copy of my passport, a copy of my Azerbaijani visa and my driving license to prove my address in the UK, her passport, photographs and the visa application.

This had to be sent to Ankara, Turkey for processing.

I stated we would be travelling together but if her visa doesn't come by 2 December I may have to travel on my own as my Azerbaijani visa expires.

Directive/ 2004/ 38/ EC - do you envisage she will have any problems obtaining her visit visa. If I do have to go to Ireland first, would she still be ok to travel on her own?

Any help of advice would be great - kind of sweating a bit about it all now.

thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:05 pm

It is fine for you to go first.

The Irish visa offices can sometimes be difficult. But it sounds like it should be a pretty straight forward application.

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 pm

hi

im sorry im not in a position to give any answers to be honest as I am still waiting for my husbands visa we only applied few days ago so theres not alot i can comment on right now. but once i hve some more info i will def give u some details.

thnx

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Yeah - we're waiting to. We sent our on Monday and it would have arrived Wednesday or Thursday.

Do you have any ideas how long they take to process?

Where did you send your application? Ours had to be sent to Ankara, Turkey

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:46 pm

sent it on monday as well. he sent it to karachi n they should receive by friday. they said 6-8 weeks but im hearing its quicker so dont know. where did u send it off to n how long were u told.

andyjohnst

Post by andyjohnst » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Ankara, Turkey - no indication of how long it will take. This information is not displayed on the website.

I've sent the embassy dealing with it an email 2 days asking how long but had no reply yet.

Hope this all works out.