ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR succeeded (HSMP JR) croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HsmpFlr3

ILR succeeded (HSMP JR) croydon

Post by HsmpFlr3 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:09 pm

I had my ILR appointment today at Croydon PEO. (5 years HSMP ILR JR).

Here is the interaction (if you can call that!) with the case worker.
She calls my token, i go to the counter, she says "Put app form, passports and documents". As i finished dropping it, i began saying "I am applying under judi" - she cut me off and said please wait in the waiting area.

I went away cursing what a bad luck that i cant even explain if she finds anything amiss. I then see her (from 3 rows distance) typing in the keyboard and always flipping passport pages. She hardly touched the app form. She spent about 2 mins glancing my P60s and bank statements. I then see her going away for 10 mins with some papers in hand. She then calls me to counter, as i prepare to take photocopies from my bag, she gives my originals and says "Collect passport from counter 22".

Thats it - 3 sentences may be in total.
Here is what i submitted (although i had tons of extra docs for contigency)
Passports + BRP
AppForm + Photo
3 months bank statement
employer letter
3 months pay slips
5 years P60s
Orig HSMP letter
No dependents , total absence 105 none > 20 days, but lot of small small trips.

3 months back when i went to croydon peo for 2nd tier 1 extension - i had a nightmare experience. Cashier at payment counter said my card says no sufficient fund - i see that instead of £1300 she had entered £13000 (note the extra zero), there was some IT problem, after waiting from morning till late in evening case worker said all docs fine but cant grant extension and will call tomorrow. She didnt call and after 14 days (of hell) i got the passports and BRP by post.

For once something good happened this time.

I wish good luck for others who are applying and many thanks for all the suggestions.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: ILR succeeded (HSMP JR) croydon

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:14 pm

HsmpFlr3 wrote:I had my ILR appointment today at Croydon PEO. (5 years HSMP ILR JR).

Here is the interaction (if you can call that!) with the case worker.
She calls my token, i go to the counter, she says "Put app form, passports and documents". As i finished dropping it, i began saying "I am applying under judi" - she cut me off and said please wait in the waiting area.

I went away cursing what a bad luck that i cant even explain if she finds anything amiss. I then see her (from 3 rows distance) typing in the keyboard and always flipping passport pages. She hardly touched the app form. She spent about 2 mins glancing my P60s and bank statements. I then see her going away for 10 mins with some papers in hand. She then calls me to counter, as i prepare to take photocopies from my bag, she gives my originals and says "Collect passport from counter 22".

Thats it - 3 sentences may be in total.
Here is what i submitted (although i had tons of extra docs for contigency)
Passports + BRP
AppForm + Photo
3 months bank statement
employer letter
3 months pay slips
5 years P60s
Orig HSMP letter
No dependents , total absence 105 none > 20 days, but lot of small small trips.

3 months back when i went to croydon peo for 2nd tier 1 extension - i had a nightmare experience. Cashier at payment counter said my card says no sufficient fund - i see that instead of £1300 she had entered £13000 (note the extra zero), there was some IT problem, after waiting from morning till late in evening case worker said all docs fine but cant grant extension and will call tomorrow. She didnt call and after 14 days (of hell) i got the passports and BRP by post.

For once something good happened this time.

I wish good luck for others who are applying and many thanks for all the suggestions.
Congratulations mate. A life time lesson I have learned is only Speak when you are asked to speak and be as brief as possible while you answer questions. This is specially true while engaged with authorities

nehalbhagat

Pls reply

Post by nehalbhagat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi,
many congratulations for your success. Pls can you advise what section you ticked in section 3 and 10 ?

did they ask for all p60s or latest ? I have some missing p60s so I guess HMRC letter should be sufficient to prove my previous income .

Pls advise.. thanks again

HsmpFlr3

Post by HsmpFlr3 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:09 am

You are absolutely right khalidmirza. There shouldnt be any desire to be chummy with them and that is invitation for trouble.

nehalbhagat, 3B (Tier 1 under HSMP judicial review) and 10G.
She didnt ask for any documents she said just drop whatever you got. I think if the case worker asks for documents in some order, then maybe latest p60 is enough and when she wants more you can present the rest. I guess your HMRC letter should suffice in absence of P60s.