ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error in calculation of absence from UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vgvirgo
Newly Registered

Error in calculation of absence from UK

Post by vgvirgo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi,
I applied for citizenship few days back(fee is not take yet) but I noticed/realised an error in section Residence requirements "calculation of absence from UK", I have included the day I left and the day I arrived back in the UK, that make 457 days of absence from UK, this is what I mentioned on form by mistake.

But following should be on the form:

And if I ignore "the day I left and the day I arrived back in the UK" that makes 445 days of absence from UK.
And the total number of days absence for the whole 5 year period should not exceed 450.
Application criteria 5yrs Wp + 1 ILR
will there be any issue or chances of refusal, can I write to Home office mentioning my ref about this mistake without paying new fee ;-)

Regards,
Vikas

x-ray

Post by x-ray » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:42 pm

This should not be a problem, they do not just go by your mathematics. They will do their own calculations by all means, so do not worry. Even if they refuse your application by mistake, you can resend noting the error in that case you may just pay reconsideration fee I think.

Good luck.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:42 pm

You should be fine. Just a few days above 450 is normally disregarded by the HO.