ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa switching from dependent visa of Tier 1 General

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

QQA
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa switching from dependent visa of Tier 1 General

Post by QQA » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Dear All, appreciate for your help on my query and feel sorry if similar topic created previously.

I was granted ILR last month and would sponsor my wife's stay switching into the category of Spouse wife of a person settled in the UK as her first entrance to join me into the UK in Oct 2008 and continuously applied an extension of stay as dependent of Tier 1 General valid from Nov 2010 until Nov 2013.

Having look at the FLR (M) - Section 11 - 11C
  • Unmarried and same-sex partners (and any spouse or civil partner who has completed 2 years' leave in that Category but is applying for an extension of stay rather than indefinite leave to remain)

the dates of the items of correspondence should spreead over the whole 2 years. they should be from at least 3 different sources.
In my circumstance, we can't provide any evidences to show we have been living together for 2 years. My wife have been living with me together since her first entrance into the UK in Oct 2008. I sponsor our households and as well as cover all her expenses in the UK. All council tax bills and water bill came to with my name on. (we have no any eletricity and gas bill as we use pay as you go card to top-up) We only have half year joint bank account as I gave the money for her expense and we thought it was not really necessary she opened a new bank account. So, I can only provide a reference letter from landlord to prove we have been living together.

Can anyone advise what the best ways we can go for?

Regards'

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:14 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

QQA
Newly Registered

Post by QQA » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:43 am

sushdmehta wrote:See also Question on FLR for spouse
Thank you very much for your advise!

But, I wonder there is no any requirement in FLR (M) to ask for evidence where we have been living together for our time in the UK? ? ?

It means that we do not need to provide any things like council bills and joint name bills for our current stay, right? ?