ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can the child be british ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ngueda2009

can the child be british ?

Post by ngueda2009 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm

hi guys,
my friend who has been naturalised recently as a result of a marriage to an eea citizen has a dilemma. he had an affair in 2003 and as a result a child was born but the mother clearly said to him at the time that child was not his and the name of her boyfriend was put on the child birth certificate as the father. the child was born in 2004 in uk. last year out of the blue the lady call my friend to let him know that she has just discover as a result of a dna that her boyfriend is not the father and that she is sure that he is the father.
my friend then contacted a solicitor who advised him to do another ho approved dna. he did that and bingo he was the dad and he contacted the registrar office for a change of the father name which was done in january.
his question is can the child be british or does he have to apply for her bc. the mother is foreign national who has applied for asylum
i hope i have given all the infos

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:47 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.