ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ! For Kids

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ali_111
Newly Registered

ILR ! For Kids

Post by ali_111 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:47 am

Hi There,

I have got 2 kids and they born in UK, I am on HSMP(Tier1) JR and applying for my ILR in End of November 2011. My question is "If i dont apply ILR for my kids at this time and straight away apply for their british passport after getting my ILR ?
How long does it take to get their passport? Is it better to apply for ILR for kids and than apply their british passport? which method is more preferable.. any one who has done it please respond to my post?

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: ILR ! For Kids

Post by mk357 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:33 am

ali_111 wrote:Hi There,

I have got 2 kids and they born in UK, I am on HSMP(Tier1) JR and applying for my ILR in End of November 2011. My question is "If i dont apply ILR for my kids at this time and straight away apply for their british passport after getting my ILR ?
How long does it take to get their passport? Is it better to apply for ILR for kids and than apply their british passport? which method is more preferable.. any one who has done it please respond to my post?
If you apply for their ILR then you have to pay their fee as well which is over £600. Normally it is advisable (unless you have urgent travel plans)to apply for the Registration using form MN1 (under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act). Once you get their registration then you can apply for the passports. Registration of each child would cost around £600.

umb

Post by umb » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:17 pm

If you apply for their registration together it is cheaper. You can look at the timing threads for the approximate time it will take for registration and then passports.

nmaj
Newly Registered

Post by nmaj » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:06 pm

£810 for two kids for MN1 registration if applied together