ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help for British Citizenship MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tonypetty

Need Help for British Citizenship MN1

Post by tonypetty » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi,

I am asking this question for one of my friend.

My friend has three kids...Older one was born back in India and two younger ones are born here in UK. He did not include any of his child with his ILR application...Now after an ILR he want to apply BC using MN1 form to register the children... What can he do for His older child? His older child is 9 years old and he is here in UK from last 6 years as his dependent? I know for his two younger kids he can apply w/o ILR stamped on their passports....my question is what does he need to do for the older child? Can he make an application for older child for BC directly w/o going through ILR???

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:06 am

For the child born outside the UK, he can apply for registration as British citizen when one of the parents applies for naturalisation. Having ILR (by the parents) is not enough.

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks for your answer!

So he need to apply for ILR for the older child in order to travel?and for two younger one he can go ahead with registration. Can u give me an estimated time lines from registration and passports?

Is there same day service available for the registration???? or is there anyway registration can be done quicker ....i mean using a local council or solicitor will it make any difference for decision times?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:32 am

So he need to apply for ILR for the older child in order to travel?
Yes.
and for two younger one he can go ahead with registration.
Yes.
Can u give me an estimated time lines from registration and passports?
Check the two sticky in the forum:

MN1 timelines
Passport timelines
Is there same day service available for the registration???? or is there anyway registration can be done quicker ....i mean using a local council or solicitor will it make any difference for decision times?
There is no one day service. Using a local council or solicitor will not make difference with regards to decision time for registration. The main advantage is that you can keep your original documents with you as they will photocopy them and forward the application to the HO on your behalf.

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 am

There is no one day service. Using a local council or solicitor will not make difference with regards to decision time for registration. The main advantage is that you can keep your original documents with you as they will photocopy them and forward the application to the HO on your behalf.
According to above .....if one go through solicitor then still he don't have to send his original documents ???????and what if the adviser is OICS?

If one child is not born here then is it still worth it to send the MN1 form under 3(1) for discretion??? as mentioned here at UKBA website that they will use discretion where there is no entitlement???

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/

My main concern is that In case of solicitor application ....still one don't need to send original documentation????

Many thanks for your reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:41 am

I think Jambo wanted to write the following but missed the words in bold.
Jambo wrote:The main advantage of using NCS is that you can keep your original documents with you as they will photocopy them and forward the application to the HO on your behalf.
That is the only method of applying wherein an applicant gets to keep the original documents.

In this case, an application under section 3(1) cannot be made any earlier than either parents' naturalisation application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks for your response!!!

Can you please confirm that what documents are needed for NCS council appointment and what are the current MN1 forms to use

Can you please paste a link of MN1 form and all the fees applicable

I would be very thankful

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Google "form mn1" - it's the first result.
For fees, click on the second result and then on "cost" on the page.
For documents, click on the second result and then "The documents we require".

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks Jambo,

I found everything needed.

Now if one is providing three application for kids then i presume that three different applications would be needed.

For fees there is a different Form. Will it be a separate fees form for everybody or one Form of payment for all three applicant is fine????

On fees Form there is a section for "Applicant Name" is this a Child name or the settled person name???

Whenever the signs are required on MN1 form....Will it be settled person signs(parents) or kids????

Regards....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:19 pm

tonypetty wrote:Now if one is providing three application for kids then i presume that three different applications would be needed.
Correct. Although you have been advised that the application for the abroad born child is likely to be rejected (unless either parents apply for naturalisation at the same time) even if the siblings are entitled for registration. Check 9.17.9-9.17.12
For fees there is a different Form. Will it be a separate fees form for everybody or one Form of payment for all three applicant is fine????
On fees Form there is a section for "Applicant Name" is this a Child name or the settled person name???
One form for all is fine. Just put the all the kids name as Applicant Name. If you apply via NCS, they can fill in the form during the appointment.
Whenever the signs are required on MN1 form....Will it be settled person signs(parents) or kids????
Parents.

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 am

Many thanks for detailed answer!!

I think what is a harm to apply for little extra cost of £270 for third child to be included with two brothers???? Initial application for one child cost £570 for MN1 form.....Only thing to loose here is money??? I will apply two UK born child under section 1(3) and one born in India under section 3(1) for discretion to be used in child's favor....

That's what i think anyway???

Again Many thanks for your help and time to answer my queries...