ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

return of passport for Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yiqinuk
Newly Registered

return of passport for Naturalisation application

Post by yiqinuk » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 am

Hi All, I am going to hand in my Naturalisation application this week. However, I need to travel to far east just before Christmas which need my passport back before that. Do you guy s know how how takes UKBA to return my original documents after making application?
Many thanks.
Y

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:57 am

You should get the passport back right after a decision is made. However, it can take upto 6 months for a decision to be made.
If you need your passport for travel, I suggest you use NCS. If you apply this week by post, you will not get your passport before Christmas.

yiqinuk
Newly Registered

Post by yiqinuk » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:05 am

Jambo wrote:You should get the passport back right after a decision is made. However, it can take upto 6 months for a decision to be made.
If you need your passport for travel, I suggest you use NCS. If you apply this week by post, you will not get your passport before Christmas.
Many thanks for your reply.
Is that means by using NCS I can keep my passport?
Regards.
Y

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:07 am

From the link - "...they will copy your documents and return them to you".

So - Yes. You keep the passport. There is a fee for the service and you need to book an appointment.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:16 am

Jambo wrote:From the link - "...they will copy your documents and return them to you".

So - Yes. You keep the passport. There is a fee for the service and you need to book an appointment.
Not only that, but they copy the documents as part of the appointment, i.e. while you wait, so you walk in with your passport and you walk out with it.

winber

Post by winber » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm

With the NCS, you have to sign a stat dec saying you will not travel in the next 5 business days.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Agree with others that the NCS is the best option if you need to retain your documents.

What is the rationalisation for having to sign the statement that you wont leave the country for the next 5 days? Wasnt a problem but curious as to why and the advisor didn't know why it was just that it was.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:11 pm

friendinneed wrote:Agree with others that the NCS is the best option if you need to retain your documents.

What is the rationalisation for having to sign the statement that you wont leave the country for the next 5 days? Wasnt a problem but curious as to why and the advisor didn't know why it was just that it was.
You are required to physically be in the UK when the application reaches the HO. Usually, the application would reach the HO the following day (if they use Special Delivery) but they take a bigger buffer just in case.