ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC Received- August Applicant

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

specialone
Newly Registered

RC Received- August Applicant

Post by specialone » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:59 am

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

RC received and here is my timeline.

16 August 2011- Application sent
17 August 2011- Received by HO
07 October 2011 - Coa arrived dated 4 October
15 November 2011- We called for return of our passports.
17 November 2011 - RC received dated dated 31 October 2011

Good luck everyone who is waiting for RC.
:D :D :D

Jevgenija
Newly Registered

Residence Card

Post by Jevgenija » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:06 am

Hello
I applied for Residence Card, received a letter from them which is said: You are permitted to accept offers of employment. But that's impossibly to get a job without passport. They always refuse me in work, even agencies. I thought if I have this letter, I have every right to work. Is anything i can do?Did anybody had a similar situation?What should i do?

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Yes I was in the same situation last month. I was offered 1 job with a large company, but then their HR department would not sign off on it because a COA was not enough.

Luckily, the second job offer was a 9 month maternity contract and they accepted it. The first firm whose HR department declined said to my recruiter that no reputable firm in the UK would hire someone simply based on a COA. They said my best option was to go on a contract role because you are not making a long term commitment and the company does not risk getting into trouble by immigration if your visa is not approved. Luckily, by chance, the second job i was offered on the same day was a contract role.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Jevgenija - you should have gotten a copy of your passport certified by a lawyer before you submitted it to immigration. That's what I did and all the recruiters and companies accepted the certified photocopy version of my passport

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:47 am

JESSIES wrote:Jevgenija - you should have gotten a copy of your passport certified by a lawyer before you submitted it to immigration. That's what I did and all the recruiters and companies accepted the certified photocopy version of my passport
you can certify it from job centre also. mine worked that way.. lawers take money and job center is free also
you should have no problem for work because you can show your coa letter with phone numbers and ref number etc...