ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which visa type to apply to marry tier1 holder in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

beme
Newly Registered

Which visa type to apply to marry tier1 holder in the UK

Post by beme » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 pm

My visa was refused after apply fiancé visa for a person who settle in the UK. The reason is that my fiancé is holding tier1 visa so I do not qualify to apply under this category. For this case I appeal this decision because I was miss understanding that if I plan to go UK and stay in the Uk for more than six months I should not apply visa as visitor for marriage. Please advice..urgently.

gaugupta

Hi

Post by gaugupta » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi,

Best way I would suggest ask your partner to come down to your place.
Then apply for register marriage in your home country.

Once you get marriage certificate apply Tier 1 dependant from your own country as depandant.

Thanks

Gaurav

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:10 pm

There is really no point appealing a decision to not issue a fiance-settlement visa to someone whose sponsor is not settled in the UK. You'll wait six months to hear that the original decision was completely correct. There is no visa category that allows the partners of migrant workers to enter the UK, marry and then remain. You will have to marry outside the UK and then apply; or apply for a marriage-visit visa, marry in the UK, and then leave and apply for a visa as a PBS dependant.

beme
Newly Registered

Post by beme » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi,

You mean I really have no hope or unlikely get a visitor visa for marriage instead of fiancé of settlement person? I just hope that they might give me a visitor visa instead. Then I can marry there and return back to apply dependent visa.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:30 pm

I said there was no hope of an appeal (you said you were going to appeal). The marriage-visit visa seems the obvious choice if your partner can't travel to your location. You'll need to show that you intend to leave the UK after the marriage.

You'll need to make an application; you seem to be indicating that you expect them to give you this type of visa by way of consolation when you appeal. No chance!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:55 pm

beme wrote:Which visa type to apply to marry tier1 holder in the UK?
If the intention is to "marry in the UK", then you need to apply for entry clearance as Visitor: Marriage / civil partnership visit - as Lucapooka has already suggested.

Alternatively, you and the Tier 1 holder can marry outside the UK (e.g. - in home country) and then apply for entry clearance as dependant of a PBS migrant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!