ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Due in Dec at Croydon Office - Help needed.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haiammu
Newly Registered

ILR Application Due in Dec at Croydon Office - Help needed.

Post by haiammu » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi Friends,

I am on work permit since Jan 2007 and I am due to apply for ILR in Dec 2011 at Croydon office. I got the appointment now and started collecting all my documents.

Although my case is very straight forward, like
- I am working for the same company from day one,
- Got my work permit letter
- never left the country for more than 6 months,
- Got all my bank statement for 5 years,
- all my pay slips for 5 years,
- 5 years P60,
- 5 years council tax for dependent and
- my employer is happy to give me all the support,

BUT I just found out couple of things which I am bit worried off

- In some of my above docs (my salary slips/p60/council tax) my first, second and last name has been mixed up. But my passport/employer letter/work permit/bank stmnt has got correct order of my name. I never took it seriously but now I am quite concerned about it.
Can it create a problem for my application ??? Anybody has any similiar kind of experience such as this ??? Please share your experiences .

- From 31 oct, the immigration office has introduced a new law for work permit and Tier 2. Now they have to show salary requirement for settlement applications made by work permit holders and migrants under Tier 2 of the points-based system. Their applications must now include written confirmation from their employer or sponsor that they are being paid at or above the appropriate rate for their job as set out in the Tier 2 codes of practice.

Can anyone please tell me what exactly are they expecting here. Anyone applied after 31 oct and I went through the codes and they are not very straight forward. My hourly rate is above the code which is closely matching my job description but how do I make sure that the code is 100% accurate and Do I need to get any letter from employer explaining the code I am in and my hourly rate is above the min ??

I appreciate any inputs/experience you share.

Thanks

tssivakumar
Newly Registered

Post by tssivakumar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Haiammu,

WRT Name do not worry for mix up. It is not an issue as I also had the same problem. But however, to be safe, please get a letter from your employer that your name has been spelt as so and so in the documents and that person and yourself are one and the same.

Cheers,

tssivakumar

tssivakumar
Newly Registered

Post by tssivakumar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:08 am

WRT Tier 2 I am not sure as I was in Tier 1. From the forum and the rules it looks like you have to match the SOC code closest to you based on your job designation and tasks. But however senior members can comment.