ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR rejected, as 90 days out on emeployment reasons

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pradprab
Newly Registered

ILR rejected, as 90 days out on emeployment reasons

Post by pradprab » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 am

Hi,

Please can some one help, my ILR application got rejected couple of days back due to more then 90-days out of UK (working from India) in my first year in UK.

I had attached letter from employeer agreeing to my requirement in India along with a letter from the client for whom I was working and who had asked me to work from India to setup the proccess.

Please help what should my next course of action be, should i fight in high court? For that please support with evidence that ILR recevied post april 2010 rules changes where employmnet reasons out of UK for employment reasonss.

Please help as it would decide the course of my action.

regards
pp

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 am

Please edit your post to make it more clear and also mention exact days of your absence and nature of your leave to enter/remain and dates.

pradprab
Newly Registered

Post by pradprab » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 am

I came to UK in 2006 and from march 2007 to june 2007. Gone back to india for 112 days excluding departure and arrival for business reasons. I am process expert so had to go back to setup offshore process. I am connected with the same employer since 2006. Came to UK on work permit and then got changed to Tier 2 (ICT) as per policy).

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:51 am

It appears you have still leave to remain in UK under Tier 2 (ICT) and that is why has not got right of appeal on ILR refusal.

Denying ILR on job related absence of 123 days at a time appears harsh especially when you are continuing with same employer and over all absences are not too much.
But since you would be eligible again in June 2012 (starting fresh period of 5 years from June 2007) hence stake are not so high if you have leave till than or would have.

Otherwise first send a representation and then after two weeks start pre-action protocol for JR. UKBA is likely to budge before hearing stage as their practice is not consistent on this issue.

Please reproduce exact wording of refusal for better understanding of all.

shimu
Newly Registered

which PEO

Post by shimu » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Please can you tell which PEO did you go to?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:00 pm

pradprab, did you continue to receive your salary in the UK during the absence in question?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pradprab
Newly Registered

Re: which PEO

Post by pradprab » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:26 am

The PEO the agencwey had gone was CROYDON

pradprab
Newly Registered

Post by pradprab » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:27 am

Yes the organization was paying the tax and Ni contribution too, as stated in the P60.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 pm

pradprab wrote:Yes the organization was paying the tax and Ni contribution too, as stated in the P60.
Another question: When does your current Tier 2 leave due to expire?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!