ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switiching Options from Tier 2 ICT EST Staff

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srivathsa

Switiching Options from Tier 2 ICT EST Staff

Post by srivathsa » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi,

My details in short,
Came into the UK in Dec 2008 on WP for 12 months, and then a 6 months Tier 2 ICT extension in Dec 2009 and then became a permanent employee in the same company with a long term Tier 2 ICT EST Staff for 2 years in July 2010, expiring in June 2012.

As of now, my company will be extending the sponsorship in June 2012 and there by my visa as per the policy. But I am thinking about switching to a more convenient and a flexible visa rather than getting tied up with the company on a ICT visa.

I am looking at Tier 1 General (not sure if it's still available) and Tier 2 General (If/when I get a new job and sponsorship) as options.

Could someone please advise me the options that are available to me to switch to one of these, as my visa was given pre April 2011 and not affected (hopefully) by these new regulations.

Apologies if this question was asked already, couldn't find a similar question.

Thanks

Srivathsa

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:50 pm

1. Tier 1 (General) - not possible.
2. Tier 2 (General) - read this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

srivathsa

Post by srivathsa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks sushdmehta for your response and the link.

Glad to know switching to Tier 2 General is still an option left for me. I will have to time it correctly next year when my current leave to remain expires.

Just one other thing, there is a cap on the number of Tier 2 General visas they issue between apr 11 to apr 12, do you think it is safe to apply before apr 12 or after. Not sure if they would reset the count after apr 12 or come up with some strange rules applicable after apr 12.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:13 pm

There is no cap for in-country applications under current rules.
No one but the immigration policy strategists can tell you today what the rules may be in future.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

srivathsa

Post by srivathsa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:47 pm

I was asking about the rule that says "The Tier 2 (General) route will be subject to a limit of 20,700 places for 2011/12". ie for restricted CoS.

Is that not for In-Country applications?

I know it's difficult to predict the rules that they will come up with, but I was just wondering if there was any news out already on the proposed limits for 2012/13, similiar to the one they announced for 2011/12.

Appreciate your help.