ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW using ACCA fundaental levela! needed covering letter!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PSW_Zara
Newly Registered

PSW using ACCA fundaental levela! needed covering letter!

Post by PSW_Zara » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi there,

I'm about to apply PSW. I have completed fundamental levels of ACCA and got letter from NARIC and ACCA and my Tier4 Sponsor where i have done my 3 year course.

I now need to wrte a covering letter to bring caseworker attention that the professional qualification i have exepmted from the guidence of vocational and professional qualification.

ACCA is listed body and it was awared as Roayl Charter in 1982 (close to this date anyways). I also have applied for BS Oxford Brookes but by the time i receive my degree the PSW route will be closed. :(

Anyways since the acce blog has ben blocked i need some advice here. Please help me out, as i dont know how to start my covering letter.

BTW i ahve booked appointment so applying in person and I hold student visa wich will end on september 2012.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Zara,

I am victim of that blog as well. I was relying on it as well. But as you know on that blog there were couple of cases in which people got PSW solely based on ACCA, they uploaded the copies of those cases as well. I think you didn't download those copies. let me know if you didn't i will send you.
And royal charter was awarded in 1974.

PSW_Zara
Newly Registered

Post by PSW_Zara » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Sinner wrote:Zara,

I am victim of that blog as well. I was relying on it as well. But as you know on that blog there were couple of cases in which people got PSW solely based on ACCA, they uploaded the copies of those cases as well. I think you didn't download those copies. let me know if you didn't i will send you.
And royal charter was awarded in 1974.
Hi Sinner,

I didn't have a chance to download them. Can you please send me the copies if you can can you please send them to me to Zara.rogers9@gmail.com

Hae you applied yet? I have premium appointment booked and don't really know how to write covering letter, is it worth for risking?

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:07 pm

sent.

no i haven't applied yet coz i am waiting for my passport. just write a covering letter stating about royal charter and link the cases which i have sent you via email in your letter. Good luck. don't forget to let me know the outcome as we are on same boat.

PSW_Zara
Newly Registered

Post by PSW_Zara » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:11 am

Sinner wrote:sent.

no i haven't applied yet coz i am waiting for my passport. just write a covering letter stating about royal charter and link the cases which i have sent you via email in your letter. Good luck. don't forget to let me know the outcome as we are on same boat.
Received! Thanx

I will, also do you think I should mention the OBU degree ? Shall u mention bout me applying and waiting for the answer?

The case will help me a lot in writing the letter, I just need to mention that ACCA qualification is exempted from vocational and professional qualification.

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 am

I think mentioning OBU won't help you, Until you have the degree.

amitda69
Newly Registered

Post by amitda69 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 am

Sinner wrote:I think mentioning OBU won't help you, Until you have the degree.

Hi sineer Im also applying for psw on basis of ACCA fundamental papers.Could you plz send me that downloaded copy to me as well in my email id email address removed by moderator It would be really appreciated..Thanks...

simqa
Newly Registered

Psw on part qualified

Post by simqa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:40 am

Hi there I am also applying for Psw on part qualified basis
Plz also send me the Email of royal charter plz I need it by next week my visa is expiring
My email is email address removed by moderator

sakib09
Newly Registered

Post by sakib09 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 am

Hi sinner,

I am also applying for the psw using the fundamentals level.

Shall be grateful to you if you kindly sent me the cases on email address removed by moderator

sakib09
Newly Registered

Post by sakib09 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:16 am

Dear sinner,

Thanks very much for the cases. I really appreciate your help.

I am now preparing my cover letter.

Thanks again

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:31 am

i would be interested to know on what basis you are arguing that you qualify for PSW?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:48 am

So would I!

Please also be aware that judges cannot take into account unreported determinations unless you provide all unreported determinations covering the same issue, including those that do not support your case. To do this you will need access to a legal information service like Lexis - which is pricey.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 am

I wouldn't say that judges cannot take into account unreported determinations, they can, but they are not bound by them, and the appellant would need to seek prior permission from the judge to rely on an unreported determination.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:58 am

And the Judge should go, that is interesting, you cannot cherry pick however, do show me every case.

hham1224

ACCA PSW reply

Post by hham1224 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:40 pm

PaperPusher wrote:And the Judge should go, that is interesting, you cannot cherry pick however, do show me every case.
well I took my PSW based on ACCA qualification. I opened a forum on ACCA site as hham12 but that was closed.

In your case you have to rely on word LEVEL (para 55) level means equivalence. I stated the same and got it in appeal.

regards

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

and how about the fact that the qualification needs to be awarded by a recognised body?

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:27 pm

In policy Guidance point 55 it says ' A United Kingdom recognised body is
an institution which has been granted degree
awarding powers by a Royal Charter'

Therefore, ACCA got Royal Charter.
http://www.business.brookes.ac.uk/under ... harter.pdf

And the base caseworkers make in rejecting the application is, ACCA is a professional qualification.

In policy guidance point 59 it says ' Qualifications that cannot be used for
the award of points include: Professional and vocational qualifications
(unless they are of a type listed in
paragraph 53); '

Paragraph 53 says ' An applicant can claim 20 points if he/
she has been awarded one of the following
qualifications:
•A United Kingdom recognised degree at
Bachelor, Master or PhD level '

ACCA F1-F9 is equivalent to UK Graduation, which is confirmed by UK NARIC APPROVED BODY FOR UKBA

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Is it a degree however?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:28 pm

There are a number of flaws in your argument:

1) A royal charter is a formal document granted by the monarch giving an individual or a corportate entity a right or a power. That power may be to award degrees, it may equally be used to establish a city, company or to grant a body a power to award other qualifications.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_charter

http://privycouncil.independent.gov.uk/royal-charters/

Just because an organisation has been granted a power/established by a royal charter, doesn't mean they can all award degrees. For example - the constitutional basis of the BBC is the royal charter - does the BBC therefore claim it can award degrees?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/about/how ... agreement/

2) A recognised body is an institution granted degree awarding powers by royal charter, all such organisations are listed here:

http://www.bis.gov.uk/policies/higher-e ... sed-bodies

You will note that ACCA does not appear on this list, instead it appears on the list of listed bodies, which are institutions or bodies, which, deliver courses that lead to degrees awarded by Recognised Bodies.

http://www.bis.gov.uk/policies/higher-e ... ted-bodies

Hence, ACCA deliver a course that can lead to a degree awarded by Oxford Brookes. It cannot itself award degrees.

3) The requirement is that you have been awarded a degree at bachelors, masters or PhD level. The requirement is not that you have been awarded a qualification equivalent to a degree.

I cannot see that you can therefore argue that completing the fundamental ACCA papers alone, means that you score the points for qualification as

a) The requirement is that you have been awarded a bachelors, masters or PhD degree, PGCE, PGDE or Scottish HND
b) The qualification is none of the above
c) ACCA does not have degree awarding powers

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:54 pm

People got visa based only on ACCA, I got copies of those cases.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:42 pm

what are the case references for these cases, what date were the hearings, and when were the determinations promulgated?

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:03 pm

i got 3 copies. the latest on is dated sep 2011, I got 3 of them, i can send copies if you want.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:38 pm

just give me the actual case reference, and actual dates that I have asked for - and I will find the decisions myself. In any case, if they are unreported, as already discussed, they are not binding.

AChaudhry
Newly Registered

Post by AChaudhry » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:32 am

Sinner wrote:I think mentioning OBU won't help you, Until you have the degree.
Hi Sinner, I am also applying for PSW on the basis of paper F1 to F9, Can you please send me the copies of the case references on email address removed by moderator. I would really appreciate it . Thank you.