ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - LC20 Conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gvkr79
Newly Registered

ILR - LC20 Conviction

Post by gvkr79 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for ILR in Nov 2012 and am worried that the current convictions on my Licence will have any negative impact on the ILR application.

I was caught while driving with a provisional licence and police has referred the case to the court. The High Wycombe magistrate’s court has then sent me the summons to attend the court or just fill in the plea form and send it to them in which case I do not need to attend the court. I opted not to attend the court, therefore I had filled the plead guilty form and sent the same to the court. Then the court has given me fine and the above endorsement’s (LC20) on my licence. I had already paid the fine.
Do these two convictions come under the category of criminal conviction under the new UKBA rules for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)? Will they affect my application? Please clarify.

I have two convictions and this is how both the convictions appear on my licence,

1. SP 30 Fixed Penalty,
Points - 3,
Fine-None,
Date of offence - 10/04/2008

2. LC20(Receiived from Court)
Points - 3
Date of Conviction - 28/05/2010,
SENTENCED
22/06/2010
Date of Offence - 30/01/2010
Fine - 170.00

Thanks,