ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization questions?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thaman

naturalization questions?

Post by thaman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for naturalisation (self + family) basis ILR obtained in July 2011 but back dated to July 2010 by HO. got couple of questions:

1. I had a drink & drive case in Jan 2011 but after blood test was cleared and got letter from police stating that no need to attend station on specified date. No court case or anything happened (fortunately). (I stated this while applying for ILR)

Now, do I need to disclose this for naturalization? As i wasn't convicted, no court hearuing nothing happened. just want to confirm the status for applying Naturalisation on form AN?

2. Also, while applying for myself, wife and 1 kid it states i can do a joint application for me & wife and save some fee (it will be around £1293) but do I need to fill 2 form AN? one for me & one for wife.

please advise

bumble-beeeee
Newly Registered

hi

Post by bumble-beeeee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:27 pm

to my knowledge,
you need to fill out 2 different application forms.
plus i reckon you will have to put in your convictions and state that there was no hearing.
hope that helps

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

Most importantly..it wasn't a 'conviction'. You could mention the facts in your application as it was declared in your ILR application, but it won't have a negative affect for BC.
You need to apply on separate forms. Have you read through form AN?

Please note that each individual applying for naturalisation must complete a
separate application form. Therefore husbands, wives and civil partners
wishing to naturalise, must complete separate forms. For a “joint” application
attracting a single fee the applications for a married or civil partnership couple
must be submitted together. Family applications should include separate forms
for each child, either an AN Form where the child is now an adult (aged 18 or
over) or an MN1 Form for a minor (under the age of 18). WE DO NOT NEED
APPLICATIONS FOR ADULTS OR MINORS WHO ARE ALREADY BRITISH

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: naturalization questions?

Post by f2k » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:52 am

thaman wrote:Hi,

I am going to apply for naturalisation (self + family) basis ILR obtained in July 2011 but back dated to July 2010 by HO. got couple of questions:

1. I had a drink & drive case in Jan 2011 but after blood test was cleared and got letter from police stating that no need to attend station on specified date. No court case or anything happened (fortunately). (I stated this while applying for ILR)

Now, do I need to disclose this for naturalization? As i wasn't convicted, no court hearuing nothing happened. just want to confirm the status for applying Naturalisation on form AN?

2. Also, while applying for myself, wife and 1 kid it states i can do a joint application for me & wife and save some fee (it will be around £1293) but do I need to fill 2 form AN? one for me & one for wife.

please advise
No need to mention it as there was no conviction, or even a charge.

Yes an application form for each applicant. One payment form though

thaman

Post by thaman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks for the replies.....even i thought that i shouldn't be declaring itas there was no conviction, fine or anything. During my ILR also i just write a brief note in separate page but on character page did not mention anything....

hpefully should be fine....but thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:20 am

thaman wrote:Hi

My case is slightly different:

I had a drink & drive offence in Jan 2011 where I was released of all charges as blood test report stated I was within the limit. No penalty, charge, fine or court conviction was done. However I did mention in the AN application form as NCS advised to be honest.

I applied for my naturalisation yesterday (15th dec 2011) through NCS. However today caught speeding at around 36mph in 30 mile zone. I might get a notice in couple of weeks. Don't know how it shapes up. But will this affect my naturalisation. I did not have any penalty in last 1 year (12months) basis which i applied for naturalisation.

Please advise
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:24 am

Assuming an FPN is issued before your application is received by UKBA, it should not have any effect if this is the only FPN issued to you in the 12 months preceding the application.

On your end, if you do get an FPN consider informing UKBA about it (not withholding any information that may be relevant to your application).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!