ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Studies on Tier 1 General visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

babur123
Newly Registered

Studies on Tier 1 General visa

Post by babur123 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 pm

I am on Tier 1 (General) and have renewed my visa and after two year i will be eligible for ILR. I was wondering that if am eligible to study during this time? Will it affect my ILR in any way? Are there any rules or home office policy on it? Please clarify for both part time and full time degree?

Thank you.

farscape80
Newly Registered

studies

Post by farscape80 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi,

I am sure the Gurus can add or correct - this is my understanding. Typically Tier 1 is a skilled worker visa - so though when you reach another 2 years and apply for ILR - you are taking those 5 years period based on here as a Tier 1 holder. So may be they may not look for employment/earnings - but a full-time study should ideally be done on a student visa for visa nation holders.

Part-time should be fine, and you can be employed during that time. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Studies on Tier 1 General visa

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:23 pm

babur123 wrote:I am on Tier 1 (General) and have renewed my visa and after two year i will be eligible for ILR. I was wondering that if am eligible to study during this time? Will it affect my ILR in any way? Are there any rules or home office policy on it? Please clarify for both part time and full time degree?

Thank you.
Studying during Tier 1 Visa have no effect on your ILR. Till the time you fulfill the earning criteria.
The question is... to be or not to be....

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Applicant need to achive points how they earn (law ful) is not concern of ho

they work / sleep do any other activity

so meeting threshold is important at present

mhkhan

Re: Studies on Tier 1 General visa

Post by mhkhan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Just wanted to let you know that during my search for a part-time Phd I read on a University's website that because of new international students regulations, distance learning is the only alternative to full time studies. This is not linked to Tier 1 General status nor getting the ILR but a limitation at the point of admission.