ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tax Authority that you can obtain Offical Tax doc?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DLAM
Newly Registered

UK Tax Authority that you can obtain Offical Tax doc?

Post by DLAM » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 am

Hi there

For earnings you need two types of proof from two separate sources

long story short,

as my second point of proof of earnings i need -

an official tax document produced by a tax authority showing earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year.

How would I go about getting this?

Where would I go in London? Process? Time?

thanks,

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:39 pm

The Official tax document includes, but not limited to;

P45 : When you leave the job, your old employer gave you
P46 : If P45 is not availble, this is a self declaration of how much tax has already been paid.
P60: Annual tax return for employment. Generally send to you by your employer.
SA302: Self Assessment tax return issued by HMRC for your business activity.

Now you have not mentioned what activity you are engaged? Is is Employment, Self Employment or Business.

Please advise
The question is... to be or not to be....

DLAM
Newly Registered

'not limited to'

Post by DLAM » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:53 pm

i worked as a temporary employee for 3 different temporary employment agencies over 3 consecutive months (i did this while i interviewed for permanent work which i secured month 4)

ialready payslips are from employer /tem agency - original
PLUS
p60/ p45 from EACH employer

but it says you have to have 2 separate proofs
so p45 from each employer wont work bc i already have all original payslips from each employer and i need a different 'source'

now i didnt have a bank ac due to passport stolen, and therefore i need to rely on Tax document to support /verify earnings for first 3 months
(i got replacement visa after 3 month wait and cost so i was able to open a bank account month 4 aand have bank statements for myself for month 4 through current)

should the official letter from HM Revenue and customs verifying all taxable income Year to date , gross , from each employer sufficiently meet the requirement of 'two separate sources to verify income?

thanks so much

as i read it - i believe an official letter FROM HM Revenue and customs that DOES verify each total amount per employer.... should do the trick....

shouldnt it?

would such a letter be sufficient

so

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:30 pm

When you were working temp, do they tranfer your salary through bank? If so, then your other proof will be bank statement. Since you don't have bank statement. You can use an accountant for this purpose. Just go to an accountant and discuss with him about the situation. They will guide you better. In my opinion an accountant letter should resolve your problem.

If you want your record from HMRC, just write them that you need your complete record of tax paid till date. They will send you in two week...(might delay now, due to christmas)
The question is... to be or not to be....

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:58 pm

if yr employers have reported yr earnings to hmrc than Hmrc may give you a statement with month and employers and earnings in their letter

all the best

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Please continue in your previous topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!