ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Re Spouse Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fromdublin
Newly Registered

Appeal Re Spouse Visa

Post by fromdublin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 pm

I am on stamp -4, based on marriage to Irish National, one child from the marriage, Things didn’t work out started living separately with the child, I have sole custody of the child. Informed DOJ about everything, got reply to renew GNIB card. Which I did no problem.
Last month got divorce, went my home country got married, applied for spouse visa, and got refused.
Was claiming social welfare, One Parents Family also was working part-time, currently working
Two Part time jobs-
One Job- 15 Hour Contract
Second Job-20 Hour Contract
Also driving taxi part time
Reason for refusal
F-Finances shown have been deemed insufficient
PF-The granting of the visa may result in a cost to public funds.
Any suggestion re appeal.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 pm

What nationality is your current spouse?

Is your child an Irish citizen? If so, you may have a case under Zambrano.

If they have refused you on the basis of insufficient funds etc you have to prove to them that you have enough funds to support yourself and your family. If your spouse is reliant on social welfare, this will hinder the application greatly. You would need sufficient savings to cover a reasonable amount of time while you search for work or have valid written offers of employment and some savings.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton