ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender indian passport - Hayes office

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raja_no_1

Surrender indian passport - Hayes office

Post by raja_no_1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi

I am planning to go to Hayes center to surrender Indian passport. Can someone please let me know how much time does it take to do this once I reach the Hayes office.

1) Is this by any chance a full day activity. Do I need to reach there very early or can I reach by afternoon before 2:30?

2) Also is there a facility to pay by card?

Thanks

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 pm

1) Is this by any chance a full day activity. Do I need to reach there very early or can I reach by afternoon before 2:30?
Depends on the queue really. Usual wait times can be anywhere between 30 mins to 3 hrs.
2) Also is there a facility to pay by card?
Yes

raja_no_1

Post by raja_no_1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 pm

krazydude: Did you have first hand experience yourself in Hayes or are you just speaking in general..the thing is if the Queue on an average is not that much then I will book in half day in my office...otherwise I will book in the full day..

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:15 pm

I am speaking based on the experience of a colleague.

I submitted by OCI application at the Victoria Office.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 am

When I surrendered passport of my daughter it took me more than two and the half hours.. but when my friend surrendered his daughter's passport it took him less than 30 min at Hayes

The problem is that there are no separate queues for Visa and Passport surrender and everyone goes though same numbering system and called one after another. I doubt when i was there how many cases were for passport surrender as all those i was watching were for Visa.

When i went to get visa for my daughter last week there was hardly 10/11 applicants and we were out in 15 mins. So the time required really depends on how busy the centre is on given day and there is no clear guidance around this. hope this helps.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.