ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LC20 'conviction' and applying for naturalisation....

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

joshtr81
Newly Registered

LC20 'conviction' and applying for naturalisation....

Post by joshtr81 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi all,

I was 'caught' driving alone on my provisional licence a few months ago. (I did not hurt anyone/was doing nothing wrong, I was pulled over for no reason).

I did not hear anything, until a few days ago when I got a letter from the DVLA telling me to send my licence back. I have done this, I had to call a lot of people to find out what had happened. Unfortunately, the courts had sent to papers (summons/convictions) to the wrong address (wrong house number!) so I was not aware of court date so could not attend!

My licence will be endorsed with 3 points for LC20 (not driving in accordance with the licence) and I also received a £175 fine plus £100 court costs.

They advised me that I could make a statutory declaration and get another court date, but this was not advisable as the fine/penalty could be worse, so I decided to pay the fine.

I am looking to apply for naturalisation early next year, and would like to know if this will effect my application.

I see on the UKBA website that they will dis regard a minor offence (minor offences are classified in law as being a summary offence - can only be tried in a magistates court, which I believe this to be?) when there has been a 'relatively small fine'.

What do the UKBA class as a small fine? is it relative to the offence/pocket???

I know there is perhaps no hard and fast answer, but any views on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Please continue in your previous topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!