ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC Duplicate copy of bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1general2009
Newly Registered

HSBC Duplicate copy of bank statement

Post by tier1general2009 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:11 am

hi,

HSBC is no longer stamping and signing the statements and they are just providing the duplicate copy in their letter head.

Is that enough to suffice ukba requirement of bank statements? Please can someone comment on their personal experiences?

Thanks in advance.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:00 pm

I am in the same boat. I got myself a copy of duplicate statement from the bank as a dry run. It is on official bank stationary, good quality paper, with colored logo. According to the guidance you dont need stamp if it is on official stationary. Seniors in this forum also advised that such duplicate statement from HSBC should be fine. I am planning to go with it if I cant get the postal statement on time.

UK BA also states on its website that if appealing a refusal you can present new evidence only to support genuineness of document submitted with initial application. So in the worst case, if your application is rejected you can present the regular postal statement during appeal. It wont be considered new evidence.

In my opinion we should be fine with the duplicate statement without stamp.

alladin

Re: HSBC Duplicate copy of bank statement

Post by alladin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:12 pm

HSBC will send the duplicate statements by post, similar to the original statements, but only with Duplicate written over it. This should be sufficient for this purpose.

They don't normally issue this from the branch, but they will give you a printout on their headed paper. I think this is not enough. Maybe I am wrong.

cheers,
alladin

tier1general2009 wrote:hi,

HSBC is no longer stamping and signing the statements and they are just providing the duplicate copy in their letter head.

Is that enough to suffice ukba requirement of bank statements? Please can someone comment on their personal experiences?

Thanks in advance.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Speaking from recent personal experience, you can walk into any HSBC branch with your passport and debit card to request a duplicate statement on official stationary, and you will be issued the same immediately.

Extract from T1 guidance about personal bank statements for pervious earnings and maintenance fund make it amply clear that such statements are acceptable:

"Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank
statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of
the payments that the applicant is claiming
The personal bank or building society
statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day
period;
• that there are enough funds present in
the account (the balance must always be at least £800) covering the 90 day period before
the date of application; All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless the applicant is submitting
electronic statements. Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as
evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points). "

Search this forum for people who have had no issues with such statements. 'Duplicate' is fine.

If you need further confirmation call/mail UK BA customer care.

ravib_10
Newly Registered

Post by ravib_10 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi,

Can you please confirm if your bank statement on bank letterhead was Suffice for Homeoffice?

Thanks n Regards
R B

rajani1981

Post by rajani1981 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:00 pm

ravib_10 wrote:Hi,

Can you please confirm if your bank statement on bank letterhead was Suffice for Homeoffice?

Thanks n Regards
R B
Yes, I have applied recently. My stmnt generation date is 21st day of the month. But I needed to show stmnts till 27th. So I just walked down to nearest HSBC Bank Branch with a photo identity proof and asked them to give stmnts from 22 to 27th. They have taken a print out from their print-out machine. This will contain HSBC logo on top left, your bank acc. details, transaction details and at the end some URL.
Also at the top right portion, it shows that it is Historic Statement doc.