ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost passport and visa help - urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amit_kos
Newly Registered

Lost passport and visa help - urgent

Post by amit_kos » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:47 am

Dear all,

One of my nearest friend had Tier 1 General visa issued and this visa was due for extension in middle of next year. He travelled to India recently (22th Dec) and today I learned that he lost his passport in India!

He will be applying for new Indian passport very soon but does not know the process of getting the visa re-stamped. I know that UKBIA has stopped issuing Tier 1 General visa from outside UK, so he is getting tensed about that.

Does any one know what he needs to do? Whom should he contact? And what is the process of getting the visa re-issued, especially when UKBIA has stopped issuing such kind of visas outside UK?

I appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks,
Amit

alladin

Re: Lost passport and visa help - urgent

Post by alladin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:30 pm

see this post, http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=49348 , might be helpful.
amit_kos wrote:Dear all,

One of my nearest friend had Tier 1 General visa issued and this visa was due for extension in middle of next year. He travelled to India recently (22th Dec) and today I learned that he lost his passport in India!

He will be applying for new Indian passport very soon but does not know the process of getting the visa re-stamped. I know that UKBIA has stopped issuing Tier 1 General visa from outside UK, so he is getting tensed about that.

Does any one know what he needs to do? Whom should he contact? And what is the process of getting the visa re-issued, especially when UKBIA has stopped issuing such kind of visas outside UK?

I appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks,
Amit

amit_kos
Newly Registered

Post by amit_kos » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks Alladin, I appreciate your help. I have gone through the post and it does answer some questions. But the main problem is UKBA has stopped issuing Tier 1 General Visa outside UK!

Any way, I have got some useful info by this post thanks for that.

Cheers,
Amit