ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Present in the country after application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tronix
Newly Registered

Present in the country after application?

Post by tronix » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 am

Hi All,

I just want to see if anyone has information on the application process. I want to know if after using the Nationality Checking Service and after the application is sent off, do you have to be physically present in the UK?

I'm asking because a few days after my Nationality Checking service appointment, I have to leave on business. I generally travel alot for work.

Timeline: (For residency requirements)

Arrived: 17-Jan-2009
Days away(Total): 289
Days away(Previous 12 months): 28 of 289
ILR Granted(Off 2nd Spousal Visa): 19-Dec-2011
Application day: 17-Jan-2012
Flight leaves 21-Jan-2012

As I understand it, 300 days is the discretionary limit, which my work is providing a letter stating I travel alot for work. Also, I'm married to a UK Citizen, which is why I can apply only after less than 1 month having ILR possession.

Will it be a problem applying on a Tuesday then flying out the following Saturday?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:34 am

Check with NCS you have the appointment with. Usually they require you to be in the country for 5 days following the appointment. This is to ensure that you are physically present in the UK when the HO receives the application (it's a requirement). They might still insist on the 5 days although if sent by Special Delivery, the application should arrive the next day.

osteophytes

Re: Present in the country after application?

Post by osteophytes » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:27 am

tronix wrote:Hi All,

I just want to see if anyone has information on the application process. I want to know if after using the Nationality Checking Service and after the application is sent off, do you have to be physically present in the UK?

I'm asking because a few days after my Nationality Checking service appointment, I have to leave on business. I generally travel alot for work.

Timeline: (For residency requirements)

Arrived: 17-Jan-2009
Days away(Total): 289
Days away(Previous 12 months): 28 of 289
ILR Granted(Off 2nd Spousal Visa): 19-Dec-2011
Application day: 17-Jan-2012
Flight leaves 21-Jan-2012

As I understand it, 300 days is the discretionary limit, which my work is providing a letter stating I travel alot for work. Also, I'm married to a UK Citizen, which is why I can apply only after less than 1 month having ILR possession.

Will it be a problem applying on a Tuesday then flying out the following Saturday?
If you tell NCS that you are leaving within the 5 day period they will not accept the application.