ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i be sponsored?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lovely-gurl
Newly Registered

can i be sponsored?

Post by lovely-gurl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:55 am

hi
I am a Malaysian married to a Sri Lankan guy who are in UK.He is sponsored by his sister (Norway citizen living in UK) to stay in UK.Now he can work and earning quite well.The question is can my husband sponsor me as his wife and living together.Many told us impossible because he is a sponsored and how can he sponsor other person(told by friend).I am really seeking help here.Thank you

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: can i be sponsored?

Post by olisun » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:36 am

lovely-gurl wrote:hi
I am a Malaysian married to a Sri Lankan guy who are in UK.He is sponsored by his sister (Norway citizen living in UK) to stay in UK.Now he can work and earning quite well.The question is can my husband sponsor me as his wife and living together.Many told us impossible because he is a sponsored and how can he sponsor other person(told by friend).I am really seeking help here.Thank you
on what visa is your husband in the UK?

lovely-gurl
Newly Registered

Post by lovely-gurl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:50 pm

He has visa of Right to Remain in United Kingdom under European Community Law(A right of residence in the United Kingdom as the family member of an EEA 'sister's name'who is a residence in the United Kingdom in the exercise of a treaty right .).Sponsored by his sister

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:11 pm

IIRC the Immigration Tribunal recently found (sided with) for the Home Office in a similar case where the HO refused an application for the dependent of a dependent of an EU national to reside in the UK. I believe it was the sister of a Mexican national who was married to a German national working in the UK. The HO arguement was that you could have a never ending chain of dependents entering the UK under this EU position.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:17 pm

As you know, Kayalami, I'm no expert on the complexities of immigration law, but couldn't the case of a wife wanting to join her husband who's already here have a bit more merit to it than that of a sister wanting to join her brother, as in the case you cite? Just a thought....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:43 pm

Paul,

I would need to take another look at the judgement but IIRC I believe the HO arguement was that any relative could piggy back on this dependent of an EU status hence the chain effect position. It just so happened that in this case it was a sister but I suspect the same would apply for a spouse.

lovely-gurl
Newly Registered

Post by lovely-gurl » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:03 pm

thanks a lot

I am really confused because a lawyer told my husband that all he need to sponsor his wife is right to remain here(as sponsored also ok),passport,earning and strictly no council benefits should be taken by he or his household.Don't wife have a bit credit?I do have good study result but if I want to apply for student visa I need to show full 3 years security and not 1 year as done before.That hold me back from joining Kingston University last year.Now we thought this can be another way .I am open with any suggestion.thanks alot