ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help about ILR SET(M).... Plz Help me!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Syeeda
Newly Registered

Help about ILR SET(M).... Plz Help me!!

Post by Syeeda » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:04 am

Hi,
I am living in UK on spouse visa and married to a British citizen. Icame to UK in Nov 2009 and have visa till 28 Jan 2012.
I applied for ILR, SET(M) on 10th Jan 2012, but unfortunately i sent them the application form with mistakes, then very next day i sent them the correct application form with a cover letter.
My Visa expires on 28th Jan 2012. And i fear that my application will be considered invalid and returned to me.
If they contact me after my visa expires then what should i do?
Should i apply the same SET(M) form or is there something else? WHat will be my status??
Will i have to go back to my home country and apply?
And how many months valid passport should i have before applying, coz my passport expires in May 2012.
Plz help!!

chrisrich

Re: Help about ILR SET(M).... Plz Help me!!

Post by chrisrich » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 am

Syeeda wrote:Hi,
I am living in UK on spouse visa and married to a British citizen. Icame to UK in Nov 2009 and have visa till 28 Jan 2012.
I applied for ILR, SET(M) on 10th Jan 2012, but unfortunately i sent them the application form with mistakes, then very next day i sent them the correct application form with a cover letter.
My Visa expires on 28th Jan 2012. And i fear that my application will be considered invalid and returned to me.
If they contact me after my visa expires then what should i do?
Should i apply the same SET(M) form or is there something else? WHat will be my status??
Will i have to go back to my home country and apply?
And how many months valid passport should i have before applying, coz my passport expires in May 2012.
Plz help!!
Did you get any acknowledgement letter from them? Was the second form signed for? I hope the mistakes are simple & they won't complicate matters, may be you should give them a call sometime or send a letter ( Problem is they are not likely to discuss issues concerning applications which are less than 6 months ) I think the passport issue is ok, you don't need to worry about it, by May you will have had the decision made hopefully & i don't think you have to go back to your home country to apply, you have to see it all to the end while you are here
God has made everything beautiful in its time

Syeeda
Newly Registered

Mistakes made in ILR SET(M), plz help!!

Post by Syeeda » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi,
Well the mistakes were that i forgot to send the declaration paper in which my husband's sign should be there. Well i did post them the correct form on the very next day. And I got acknowlwdgements for my first and the second post on the consequetive days i.e on 12th and 13th of Jan 2012 , but its 3rd March now i did not get my passport back nor did i get any call or mail from them.
My passport expires in May and i am so worried.
What can i do now??
I heard that people get their ILR within 1 month for people who have straightforward case. Mine is also simple case, but i did this stupid thing of sending them form with mistakes.
Should i contact those people??
I am so worried!! They took the fees also. Will i lose my money and i am so worried what will happen??
If they thought my application is invalid they should've contacted me. But nothing of that sort happend!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:28 pm

The average processing time for SET(M) at present (according to legal reps) is around 12 weeks....so no need to worry about the delay. The fact that you've received an acknowledgement for both forms is a good sign that the case worker will be able to match the two together.

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Hello Syeeda I did a similar mistake!! I would like to know where did you send the new form to durham or where please tell me thanks

Also in the new form did you fill the page that ask for the payment? because I'm afraid they charge me again if I do .

Syeeda
Newly Registered

Post by Syeeda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Marian2012 wrote:Hello Syeeda I did a similar mistake!! I would like to know where did you send the new form to durham or where please tell me thanks

Also in the new form did you fill the page that ask for the payment? because I'm afraid they charge me again if I do .

Hi,
I've send the new form to durham. Where i have send my forst form.
I did fill the payment page but with same details as it was in the 1st form. I had photocopy of that page. They cudn't have charged me twice coz i didnt send them cheque again. It was just the details.
Hope ur visa prob gets solved soon.
I didnt get any response from those ppl after acknowledgements.

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Many thanks for the answer Hope you get your ILR issued soon !

Marian.

saagaloo
Newly Registered

Post by saagaloo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:52 am

Hi
My husband is applying for ILR and I stupidly sent in the wrong version of the SET(M) form. I sent in Oct 2011, but it has changed again from the end of Feb 2012. I sent the wrong version in last wednesday.

I looked at the website, sending the older version of the form makes the application invalid. Will they charge me??? Or just send the application back? How long will it take to send the documents back to me?
I'm asking because I thinking to use the premium service and to speed things up!
They haven't charged me yet, and we sent in credit card details. I am wondering whether I should block the payment, so they will send the application back?

Anybody had any similar experiences?

UK border agency have also introduced Biometric residency permits. How much more time does that add to the waiting time?

We have travel plans in 3 months..and the visa is not an emergency right now...just wondering if we should start again?

Help

shabaz1298
Newly Registered

Post by shabaz1298 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:50 pm

saagaloo wrote:Hi
My husband is applying for ILR and I stupidly sent in the wrong version of the SET(M) form. I sent in Oct 2011, but it has changed again from the end of Feb 2012. I sent the wrong version in last wednesday.

I looked at the website, sending the older version of the form makes the application invalid. Will they charge me??? Or just send the application back? How long will it take to send the documents back to me?
I'm asking because I thinking to use the premium service and to speed things up!
They haven't charged me yet, and we sent in credit card details. I am wondering whether I should block the payment, so they will send the application back?

Anybody had any similar experiences?

UK border agency have also introduced Biometric residency permits. How much more time does that add to the waiting time?

We have travel plans in 3 months..and the visa is not an emergency right now...just wondering if we should start again?

hi
i also send old version application form for my wife in 22 feb 2012
the fees taken on 28/02/2012
acknowledgment letter received of dated 24/02/2012
i got a letter on 08/03/2012 that the application we send is out of date and they send us a new application form and envelope to complete the new form

i complete the new form and send but still never received any news after that.
Help

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 pm

You should get advice about if it is good or not try to prevent by sending the new version .

saagaloo
Newly Registered

Post by saagaloo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 pm

So the question is: do I send the new version of the form in? or wait and see what happens? Will sending the new form in, speed up the process or delay it even more? Anybody experienced anything similiar?

ineedhelpurgent
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelpurgent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Casa wrote:The average processing time for SET(M) at present (according to legal reps) is around 12 weeks....so no need to worry about the delay. The fact that you've received an acknowledgement for both forms is a good sign that the case worker will be able to match the two together.

Please help me please ,,,

Application sent January 18
Letter received January 23
money taken January 20
Still waiting

ILR SET M
I sent my Application sent out 18/01/2012 Letter received 23rd of January, out come still waiting is now two months and 2 weeks and now my husband want to travel urgently he needs his passport, please help me if i should request for my husband passport only will it affect my application or not will the home office return everything back ? or will that delay my application and their decision will they cancel it all ? . will they use my husband passport to decide my case ????? help

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:06 pm

ineedhelpurgent wrote:
Casa wrote:The average processing time for SET(M) at present (according to legal reps) is around 12 weeks....so no need to worry about the delay. The fact that you've received an acknowledgement for both forms is a good sign that the case worker will be able to match the two together.

Please help me please ,,,

Application sent January 18
Letter received January 23
money taken January 20
Still waiting

ILR SET M
I sent my Application sent out 18/01/2012 Letter received 23rd of January, out come still waiting is now two months and 2 weeks and now my husband want to travel urgently he needs his passport, please help me if i should request for my husband passport only will it affect my application or not will the home office return everything back ? or will that delay my application and their decision will they cancel it all ? . will they use my husband passport to decide my case ????? help
Click on the link below & submit your timeline there, other people are waiting too. Yes, your husband can request for his passport, it won't affect your application

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=2560
God has made everything beautiful in its time