ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension form questions. (Ref Numbers and Master Degree)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doconner

Extension form questions. (Ref Numbers and Master Degree)

Post by doconner » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:49 pm

I'm in the process of filling out the application to extend my Tier 1 (General) Visa, and was hoping for some clarification on a few questions.

First, on the following questions:

B11. HOME OFFICE REFERENCE NUMBER (S) (if known) .
B12. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number (s) under work permit arrangements? (If applicable)
B14. What is mean of POINT BASED SYSTEM MIGRANT REFERNCE NUMBER? (If Known)

I'm unsure what any of these are. I was in the UK on a 6-month BUNAC Blue Card prior to my current initial Tier 1 (General). I have and will be providing my current passport with the Tier 1 Entry Clearance Vignette, and the original BUNAC Blue Card with my application. If I leave these three questions blank, will it be a problem?

Secondly,

It seems my degree now awards me more points than when I originally applied. I have a Masters degree that on my initial application only awarded me 30 points, however now the points based calculator gives me 35 points. I don't need the extra 5 points. Should I claim them, or specify that my initial application only awarded 30 points for this degree?

Cheers,

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:59 pm

doconner,

Don't bother about the three questions B11, B12 and B14. There shouldn't be any issues while applying for a Tier 1 extension and leaving these 3 blank.

I did the same :D

Claim points as shown on PBS calculator. You can't decide the points 30 or 35 , it's the Home Office that decides the points to be granted on a particular degree. If they have fixed the points for a particular degree, use them. You don't need to show that last time you only claimed 30 points for this degree.

The more the merrier 8) claim as many points as you can :)

raxi
Newly Registered

Post by raxi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi,
I need an urgent help, I was awarded 30 points in 2009 by the UKBA for my commerce Bachelor degree, now when I use there on-line calculator is states 0 points awarded which makes my case difficult.
Their detailed guidance note says that if your qualifications has been assessed earlier, you will be awarded the same point but the on-line UKBA calculator doesn't awards any point for that degree.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards

QuickSam wrote:doconner,

Don't bother about the three questions B11, B12 and B14. There shouldn't be any issues while applying for a Tier 1 extension and leaving these 3 blank.

I did the same :D

Claim points as shown on PBS calculator. You can't decide the points 30 or 35 , it's the Home Office that decides the points to be granted on a particular degree. If they have fixed the points for a particular degree, use them. You don't need to show that last time you only claimed 30 points for this degree.

The more the merrier 8) claim as many points as you can :)

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:03 pm

This is only possible if your college is not recognised by UKBA anymore. You can still claim points for the relevant degree. You can claim the points and provide a cover letter stating that you received 30 points the last time.

Typically the points shouldn't change much the second time as the rules applicable for your extension would be the rules that were in place when you applied the first time.

To be on the safer side you can consult with Naric and get your degree verified.

Naric Links: http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=22

There is also an urgent service option as well with a turnaround time of 24 - 48 hrs.

http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=69