ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elliass
BANNED

British citizenship

Post by elliass » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Good evening,

I am going to submit my application for the British citizen in a week by using NCS; But I am planning to travel abroad for 2 months as my parents live in Asia but my family (my wife (British) will be here in the UK as she is working in England) so is there possiblity to travel after submitting my application? and how many days allowed to be abroad?

Can any one help me with an accurate answer please!

Thank you,
Elli

Backer
Member of Standing

Post by Backer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:30 pm

NCS will ask you not to leave the UK for 5 business days after your appointment (to make sure you will be in the country when the HO recieves your application).
After that, you may travel freely

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:10 pm

thank you very much for your help, and sorry for the late reply

ursulaK
Newly Registered

Post by ursulaK » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:38 am

If I'm in similar situation, how long can I be away from UK after those 5 days that they'll ask me to stay? Can I be away for let say 3 months or more?

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I think you can, but if they need more information from you, and you miss their letter because you're not home, they will cancel your application if you don't respond after a few days (don't remember exactly how many).
-----
Alex

rad
BANNED

Post by rad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Within 3 weeks you have to provide the information they need from you.

If they asked you for further information or documents to support you application.

Good luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 am

elliass wrote:Hi all,

I notice that some applications take longer than others and some of them very quick... is the critiria of the application for BC can make the process of the application quicker or slower?

thank you
elliass wrote:Hi all,

I am an BC applicant and I submitted my application inside UK as I am a resident in UK but I am aboard at the moment due to family circumestances. I am visiting my family at the moment and I informed Nationality section about this trip and I sent a letter as required.

I forgot to ask whether the application process will be delayed or that trip will not cause any delay in the process?

I need for help please and that would be appreciated.

Thank you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 am

any answer please to the enquiry which is shown above!

Thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:31 am

The process time doesn't depend on the section under you apply.

There is no need to inform the nationality team if you travel and your travel should not delay the application. However, in rare cases, they might need to contact you (by post) and would expect a response within 21 days so it would be wise to have someone checking the post just to make sure nothing has been sent to you.

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 am

Thank you very much Jambo for reply!