ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit for Non EU Mother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zhonor

EEA Family Permit for Non EU Mother

Post by Zhonor » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Good day all!!

Has anyone experienced applying for an EEA family permit and RC for Non EU parents before?

I'm planning to apply for my mother to come over and was wondering if the success rate is high? I am a non EEA resident and I just got my RC last year base on my marriage to an EEA citizen. My mother has retired for many years and she owns the home she is living in so I'm not sure how I can proof that she is dependant on me other than giving her qtrly allowances.

Any help and suggestion will be great :)

immaculatestuff
Newly Registered

Re: Retained Rights and Dependant Mother

Post by immaculatestuff » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi, We are in the same boat.

I have just been divorced after a marriage of four and half years.

My mom has just come to the country on a visit visa, and I am wanting to apply for a dependant visa for her. Still investigating....but here is what I have found for just now.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... 003_en.pdf

Go to Regulation 10 and see, 10(6)b is what we are looking for but reading the start of para 10 tells me it can only be used in conjunction with paras 2,3,4 or 5.

Hope this helps.

Darya
Newly Registered

Post by Darya » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:30 am

Hello,

Were you successfull in bringing your mum in? I am in the same situation, married to a french citizen. I would like to bring my parents in as a eea family member. Do you know if it's enough to show that I transfer them 500 pounds a month on their joint account to prove dependency? Many thanks!

immaculatestuff
Newly Registered

Post by immaculatestuff » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:47 am

Darya wrote:Hello,

Were you successfull in bringing your mum in? I am in the same situation, married to a french citizen. I would like to bring my parents in as a eea family member. Do you know if it's enough to show that I transfer them 500 pounds a month on their joint account to prove dependency? Many thanks!
Hi
I am now divorced and that makes all the difference. If you are married, parents of spouses are allowed, you shouldn't have a problem.
Thanks

Petanque
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit for Non EU Mother

Post by Petanque » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:24 am

Hi all,
I have similar situation. I am married to a French national and wanted to bring my mum over using the EEA route. It seems that I do not need to prove the financial dependency for getting the EEA family permit, but it is only valid for 6 month.

After 6 month she would need to apply for a recidency card and then I think I would need to prove that she is financially dependent on me. My mum is a pensioner living alone in her property, but her pension is only enough to pay for the house bills (no food or mediation). WOuld Western Union transfer confirmations be a good enough evidence of her dependence? How long is the required history of transfers (we just started the transfers as usually I would just give her cash) so thinking how long should we wait?

Last question... SHe currently has 5 year tourist visa. Will this be still valid of she gets the EEA Family Permit or will she lose it? Do we need to apply for the EEA family permit first and then apply for a residence card or can we apply straight for a residence card?

Thank you so much for your help.