ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Liverpool PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krssubbu

ILR Success @ Liverpool PEO

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone in this forum !! I got my ilr on 18/01/12. My appointment was at 2 pm. I was in the UKBA by 12.50. I had my initial hsmp in jan 2007 (not covered by JR) and then Tier 1 in Jan 2009

12:55 - Airport style check

13:00 - Token collected and was asked to wait in the waiting area

13:02 - My number was called (didnt realize my number would be called that soon). A Case worker did the pre-checks. she asked me for the form and photos. she asked me for LIUK. then she looked at me and i got nervous. She then smiled and said you have scored 24 (24/24) on LIUK. I smiled too. then she asked do you have any supporting financial documents. I said i have payslips and bank staments and then was thinking. she said thats its really !! she gave me a form that said i will 1350 pounds whatever is the outcome. she asked me to wait for my number to be called in for payment

13:15 - lady called me for paymennt. took out 1350 pounds from my account and asked me to wait again

14:00 - case worker called my number and i was tensed. she asked for the app form and what documents i had. gave her 12 months bank statements and 12 months payslips. then handed over my passport and LIUK. (all were organized). I submitted my emp letter. then i told her i have p60's and she took that. then i said i have covering letter and she took that as well. I had photocopies of all original documents as well to make her job easier.
She seemed to go through each and every payslip and match with bank statements

15:00 - case worker called and said she is happy to grant ILR and asked me to come back in 30 mins to collect passport. was very happy to hear this.
15:40 - a lady asked me to check the ILR seal if all details were correct. collected passports and left building.

Documents i had:

1. 15 months bank statements
2. 3 years payslip (just in case but sumitted only 12 months paylsips)
3. up to date bank statment on bank letterhead (no stamp or seal)
4. 5 years p60
5. Employer letter (HR letter)
6. life in the uk test
7. employment history
8. Master's degree
9. Tier 1 and HSMP letters
10. Employment offer letter

Overall experience was good. Thanks once again to everyone in this forum for helping me out

ravib_10
Newly Registered

Post by ravib_10 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Congrats.

Your 3 document (bank statement), is it something you got the printout from bank having Bank logo and Name but not having your address in it?

Please confirm, as I am also having the same and will be applying for ILR soon.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:51 pm

thanks ravib_10

12 months bank statements i submitted had address on it and had logo and bank Name. i just took an update statement which did not have the address on it but was on bank's letterhead (had bank name and logo also).

thanks

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:55 pm

krssubbu wrote:thanks ravib_10

12 months bank statements i submitted had address on it and had logo and bank Name. i just took an update statement which did not have the address on it but was on bank's letterhead (had bank name and logo also).

thanks
Congratulations to you. Quick question:

For the days you were outside the country under section 6, did you put the stamped day of arrival to the destination as your Day left the UK?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:08 pm

nope i put the day that i actually left the uk ( i didnt have many absece so it was ok in my case) - I beleive the day left uk and day entered uk is not counted - in my opinion i will put the day left uk and the day entered uk and the case worker will count accordingly as the form does not ask the number of days for each absence (just askes day left UK, day entered UK and reason )

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 pm

krssubbu wrote:nope i put the day that i actually left the uk ( i didnt have many absece so it was ok in my case) - I beleive the day left uk and day entered uk is not counted - in my opinion i will put the day left uk and the day entered uk and the case worker will count accordingly as the form does not ask the number of days for each absence (just askes day left UK, day entered UK and reason )
Thanks.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:31 pm

A quick question, for ILR do they issue BRPs or they stamp in passport?

Thanks
JD

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:24 pm

i don't understand people have straight forward case why they tensed,

BY LAW UKBA have to give you ILR as you fulfilling all the requirement.

Every things is fine in your documents no big absences , got all the points ?. then why people worried i don't understand.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 pm

fahadz1 wrote:i don't understand people have straight forward case why they tensed,

BY LAW UKBA have to give you ILR as you fulfilling all the requirement.

Every things is fine in your documents no big absences , got all the points ?. then why people worried i don't understand.
You may think your case is straightforward, while you might have overlooked something important.

Considering the fact that the rules change every now and then, getting nervous is not abnormal.