ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success-Solihull PEO- Work Permit+Tier 1-182 Days-19.01.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramdesh
Newly Registered

ILR Success-Solihull PEO- Work Permit+Tier 1-182 Days-19.01.

Post by ramdesh » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello All,
Now it's My time to share the Success Story!!
My Background:- Myself, My wife and one son
WP Visa-17 Jan 2007,
Tier 1 (3+2 Basis):- From June 2009 to June 2012
Out of UK days: 182 Days 167 Personal and 15 Business Trips. I claimed the Overseas Arrival Days as the UK Departure Day to come to the total of 182, if not it would have been 190 Days. Didn't count UK Departure and Arrival Days.
The D-Day 19.01.2012:-
I went alone. Appointment was at 09:30am. Arrived at 08:15. Doors opened 08:30 and only 09:00am appointments were allowed first. I was 8th to enter at 08:50.
After Security Check the Token was given. Then comes the announcement at 09:10 that the they are having trouble with IT System and the process could be delayed. First applicant went in at 09:20am. I was called at 10:05am.

At the Counter:
The Case Worked was Asian Man (felt he was from India Origin, but I May be wrong). He didn't smile but greeted and here is the transcript from there on.
CW: Let's start with Application and Passport.
I Passed it on to him. He took out the top 3 pages and skimmed through the application for 2 seconds at one go to see if some papers have tangled before he could staple.
CW: Have you listed all My you absences.
Me: Yes I have enclosed a separate sheet which is next to the absence sheet of the form.
He quickly removed the sheet and asked me to sign it and date it. Didn't even looked at the list for number of days out of country. FYI, I have made two columns one with my personal days out of UK and one with Business days, as advised by a friend in this forum.
He then stapled it.
CW: Can you give yours and dependent's Life in the UK test Result.
Gave it.
CW: Now can I have your 12 Months Pay Slips
Me: I have combined Pay slip with Bank Statement, so each pay slip is at the page where my salary is shown.
He said ok. I have got November and December statement combined in one lot, so my November payslip was at the top then December and then in sequence from October to Jan. He checked my from and said in form you are saying Jan to Dec but there is no Dec Pay slip. I explained him the above. He was Happy. He only compared 3 months bank statement with my pay slip and then put it aside. He asked me where I work after looking into my salary. I think it was out of curiosity.
CW: Can I have Co-Hab Docs. I gave him the docs with the sheet on the top tabulating month and type of Document for me and my wife.
He has a sheet where he has to tick one month for each year. He took Jan bank statement 2010 Joint, Council tax letter 2010 Joint, One Electricity bill on my name and one water bill on my name for 2011. He then said everything is fine you can go and pay money. Time: 10:15. Yes just in 10 minutes.
Paid fees and collected passport in 2 hours time.
Thank you Very much to everyone on this forum and moderators. Any questions welcome.

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success-Solihull PEO- Work Permit+Tier 1-182 Days-19

Post by mk357 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:41 pm

ramdesh wrote:Hello All,
Now it's My time to share the Success Story!!
My Background:- Myself, My wife and one son
WP Visa-17 Jan 2007,
Tier 1 (3+2 Basis):- From June 2009 to June 2012
Out of UK days: 182 Days 167 Personal and 15 Business Trips. I claimed the Overseas Arrival Days as the UK Departure Day to come to the total of 182, if not it would have been 190 Days. Didn't count UK Departure and Arrival Days.
The D-Day 19.01.2012:-
I went alone. Appointment was at 09:30am. Arrived at 08:15. Doors opened 08:30 and only 09:00am appointments were allowed first. I was 8th to enter at 08:50.
After Security Check the Token was given. Then comes the announcement at 09:10 that the they are having trouble with IT System and the process could be delayed. First applicant went in at 09:20am. I was called at 10:05am.

At the Counter:
The Case Worked was Asian Man (felt he was from India Origin, but I May be wrong). He didn't smile but greeted and here is the transcript from there on.
CW: Let's start with Application and Passport.
I Passed it on to him. He took out the top 3 pages and skimmed through the application for 2 seconds at one go to see if some papers have tangled before he could staple.
CW: Have you listed all My you absences.
Me: Yes I have enclosed a separate sheet which is next to the absence sheet of the form.
He quickly removed the sheet and asked me to sign it and date it. Didn't even looked at the list for number of days out of country. FYI, I have made two columns one with my personal days out of UK and one with Business days, as advised by a friend in this forum.
He then stapled it.
CW: Can you give yours and dependent's Life in the UK test Result.
Gave it.
CW: Now can I have your 12 Months Pay Slips
Me: I have combined Pay slip with Bank Statement, so each pay slip is at the page where my salary is shown.
He said ok. I have got November and December statement combined in one lot, so my November payslip was at the top then December and then in sequence from October to Jan. He checked my from and said in form you are saying Jan to Dec but there is no Dec Pay slip. I explained him the above. He was Happy. He only compared 3 months bank statement with my pay slip and then put it aside. He asked me where I work after looking into my salary. I think it was out of curiosity.
CW: Can I have Co-Hab Docs. I gave him the docs with the sheet on the top tabulating month and type of Document for me and my wife.
He has a sheet where he has to tick one month for each year. He took Jan bank statement 2010 Joint, Council tax letter 2010 Joint, One Electricity bill on my name and one water bill on my name for 2011. He then said everything is fine you can go and pay money. Time: 10:15. Yes just in 10 minutes.
Paid fees and collected passport in 2 hours time.
Thank you Very much to everyone on this forum and moderators. Any questions welcome.
Congratulations

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:31 pm

i dont understand why CW said to sign & put time on absence sheet ??

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:26 am

Do we all agree that for ILR total absence purpose, the day of both departure and arrival is counted as day spent in UK?

ramdesh
Newly Registered

Post by ramdesh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:24 am

fahadz1 wrote:i dont understand why CW said to sign & put time on absence sheet ??
Well it was a separate sheet and not on original application form, that's why he asked to do so...

ramdesh
Newly Registered

Post by ramdesh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:26 am

Congratulations[/quote]
Thank You

ramdesh
Newly Registered

Post by ramdesh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 am

nnj10 wrote:Do we all agree that for ILR total absence purpose, the day of both departure and arrival is counted as day spent in UK?
Of course, it is written in their 6A document..