ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP please! Applying for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

textirona
Newly Registered

HELP please! Applying for British Citizenship

Post by textirona » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 am

hi there. my wife and i together with our kids got our ILR last year february. my wife was on work permit visa for 5 years before we got the ILR. now the situation is this month or next month, my wife will be applying for british citizenship, but i am not included in the application for the reason of the residence requirement which is 5 years. i have been here in UK since june 2008 so that is only 3 years 7 months. my question is do i have to wait until i reach 5 years of staying here before i can apply for citizenship? i hope you can give me options on what to do or there may be other ways. thanks in advance. :? :?
Last edited by textirona on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

osteophytes

Re: help please! Applying for British Citizenship

Post by osteophytes » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:27 am

textirona wrote:hi there. my wife and i together with our kids got our ILR last year february. my wife was on work permit visa for 5 years before we got the ILR. now the situation is this month or next month, my wife will be applying for british citizenship, but i am not included in the application for the reason of the residence requirement which is 5 years. i have been here in UK since june 2008 so that is only 3 years 7 months. my question is do i have to wait until i reach 5 years of staying here before i can apply for citizenship? i hope you can give me options on what to do or there may be other ways. thanks in advance. :? :?
Once she gets her BC you can apply immediately

textirona
Newly Registered

Post by textirona » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:34 pm

oh really! that's great! i thought i have to wait until i reach the 5 years residence requirement.

textirona
Newly Registered

Post by textirona » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm

would you know what are the requirements for my kids when applying for citizenship? my daughter is turning 11 this coming february and my son is 8. as in my previous post, my wife is applying for BC including my kids this february... thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:17 pm

I assume they both were born outside the UK.

Your daugther will need to meet the good character criteria (see the relevant section in the MN1 form. There are no formal requirements for your son.