ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed please.....uk to us?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

quedili
Newly Registered

help needed please.....uk to us?

Post by quedili » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:16 pm

I am a South African national in the UK on a WHMV which apparently expires next August.I was wondering if anyone could help me.....I want to move to the states and have an agency from back home that can secure me a job and all the paperwork needed but i dont know if its possible to do it from here or do i necessarily have to go home.

Any other ideas on how i can go about this would be greatly appreciated!My working period is about to expire and want to immigrate to the US! plizz help!!!! :(Please help me !

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:09 pm

It is unusual for the US consulate in London to issue any visa to 3rd country nationals residing in the UK on a temporary basis i.e you do not hold Indefinite Leave To Remain in the UK or otherwise an EU National. This is on the basis that you have not demonstrated to the consular officer that you have strong ties to a country outside the US that you will return to and are thus an intending immigrant (Sec 214 INA).

I'm presuming that you may be talking of obtaining employment in the H1 visa class (if you got in beofre the quota expired). If this is the case note my comment above applies even more so given that the H1 visa process involves a review of your qualifications which again on the presumption that they are from RSA will not be familiar to the consular officer in London (and he/she can reject your visa on this ground alone).

You are short on detail for any conclusive answer to be given but the US Consulate in London is in the 'extremely tough' category comparable only to those in Manila and Mexico. I would not take any chances there unless my application was solid. In this case (where there is a bonafide employment sponsorship/ petition) it would be better to apply from RSA.