ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my wife visa refused as depedant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kaif
Newly Registered

my wife visa refused as depedant

Post by kaif » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:33 pm

hi guys my wife applied as dependant of tier 1 , her visa refused on the basis of two different date in nikka nama, in pakistan we made a telephonic nika in 2009, and thin i went in for marriage in September 2011,
so they refused it on the two different dates mentioned in nikka nama , i know appeal will take long time , i want to do fresh apply but i don't what do about this two date point.

Re: my wife visa refused as depedant

Post by 2012 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:20 am

kaif wrote:hi guys my wife applied as dependant of tier 1 , her visa refused on the basis of two different date in nikka nama, in pakistan we made a telephonic nika in 2009, and thin i went in for marriage in September 2011,
so they refused it on the two different dates mentioned in nikka nama , i know appeal will take long time , i want to do fresh apply but i don't what do about this two date point.
1. Well if u apply again then u will be refused again for the same reason as previously.
2. U need to sort out u dates and clarify wen u got married to HO and perhaps get a new certificate with the actual date.
3. Telephonic nikah is not accepted by HO.

kaif
Newly Registered

Post by kaif » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

thanks for your reply.but how it possible HO got my nikka copy, what reason should i mention for deleting date,they will ask why u delete the date?

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:16 pm

kaif wrote:thanks for your reply.but how it possible HO got my nikka copy, what reason should i mention for deleting date,they will ask why u delete the date?
Just tell them that you rectified the error on the marriage certificate. From UK laws perspective you were legally married from the date it was registered at the registrar of marriages. Telephonic nikah will not be considered as evidence as you wont be able to convince the officer that you had witness without proper paperwork.

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:19 pm

I think its better for you to go with appeal and tell the whole story to judge who will understand and hopefully your wife will get ILR.
its bit tricky as case worker might not understand what nikkah is and one cen do this nikkah on phone as well.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:34 pm

sharjeelpk wrote:I think its better for you to go with appeal and tell the whole story to judge who will understand and hopefully your wife will get ILR.
its bit tricky as case worker might not understand what nikkah is and one cen do this nikkah on phone as well.
I would support what sharjeel has said. If you change your Nikah nama you could be in very BIG trouble, they might suspect forgery in which case they could impose a long term ban on visa issuance. I would suggest to go for appeal and explain your circumstances I am sure the Judge would know what you say.