ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 passports

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neo
Newly Registered

2 passports

Post by neo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:26 pm

Thanks guys. I got great help from this forum on my way to transfer WP to HSMP. My application time table is :
Application sent: Jul 24 2006 (in country)
CC: Jul 26 (so quick)
Reference No: Not yet till now
Just waiting.....

I'm thinking of the EC although don't know when the approval letter arrive. My question is I have 2 valid passports and the work permit is on old passport. But I want to have HSMP Visa on the new one. Do you think its somewhat risk if I present to Home Offcie 2 valid passport and specify the VIsa on the empty one?

Someone said I can put the VIsa on old one then transfer to new one after the application. Of cause I must pay for the transfer. But most important, Do they doubt the two valid passport and may reject to transfer? or I might be reject in airport when I use new passport?

Thanks all!!
N

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:10 pm

It is possible to have two valid passports for the ordinary citizens? Which country are you from and does your country allow that?

neo
Newly Registered

Post by neo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:57 pm

I have 2 passports because I found the previous one, which had been thought lost, after I apply a new one. So I still use old passport and keep new one empty.

replyami

Post by replyami » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:05 pm

Normally you are supposed to return back the found(old) passport to the government of your country.

Looks like you might not be aware of this.
This might cause a problem some thme for you, if not during HSMP.

check with the passport authority of your country and inform them that you have found the lost passport.

-ami

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:56 pm

Agreed - this could cause a problem. If anyone ever had cause to verify your old passport with the authorities of your country, it would almost certainly result in their saying that that passport had been reported lost, and was therefore no longer valid. You could find yourself being accused of impersonating yourself!
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

neo
Newly Registered

Post by neo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:27 am

Great Thanks, my friends!! Will do immediately