ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident Labour Market Test to be lifted for high earners?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

GSOtodd

Resident Labour Market Test to be lifted for high earners?

Post by GSOtodd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Ok, Damian Green said that the RLMT would be lifted for high earners. I thought it already had been lifted for people earning £150.000 or more? And they are exempt from the cap? So, obviously, they are returning to the old Tier 1 General system that they scrapped two years ago?
Andy

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 am

Damien Green says they are lifting the RLMT for higer earners, therefore your conclusion is they are reverting to the Tie 1 General system. Sorry, don't see how you have come to that conclusion.

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Well basically, that was the idea of the old Tier 1 General, where people would come in and work at a high paid job without it having to pass the labour market test. Also, I thought, high earners were already exempt from the labour market test and cap. So what is Damian Green on about now?
Andy

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:01 pm

GSOtodd wrote:Well basically, that was the idea of the old Tier 1 General, where people would come in and work at a high paid job without it having to pass the labour market test. Also, I thought, high earners were already exempt from the labour market test and cap. So what is Damian Green on about now?
maybe they will lower the cap for high earners- or maybe he is just talking about what they have already done. In any case - RLMT is not the only element of Tier 2 - you have to be sponsored by a particular employer for a specific job - tier 1 General didn't require that at all. I do not think they will bring back Tier 1 general and this is not what he means.