ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing brother to the Uk on EEA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Sayafx
Newly Registered

Bringing brother to the Uk on EEA

Post by Sayafx » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 am

Hi
Me , my wife and our 2 children are UK citizens ,.
My wife would like to bring her brother the the Uk. He is 32 years old and is a student in an EEA country. he is fully financially dependent on us and has been so for the last 3 years. He is married and has a child.

Is there any chance wen could bring him to the uk on the EEA route?
I am a doctor and my income is above 100 K pounds per year.

The only slight complication is that he applied for a uk student visa but was declined as some of the documents that the educational agent submittd for him was false. They did tell him that if he made another application in 8 years it would be refused. I am nit sure if this also applies to EEA applications.

I have a child who has special needs and needs 24 hour care . We do not have any other family in the Uk so we really could do with some assistance.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:48 am

Do you hold any other EEA nationality?

As a general rule, the EEA rules don't apply in your home country so British citizens in Britain can't use the EEA regulations and must follow the UK national immigration rules.

Sayafx
Newly Registered

Post by Sayafx » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:01 pm

thank you for your email. If I did take up a short term job in Germany , could I then apply for an EEA permit for him ?

IF approved , could he travel to live and work in the UK - if returning with us?

thanks

Sayafx
Newly Registered

Post by Sayafx » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:02 pm

thank you for your email. If I did take up a short term job in Germany , could I then apply for an EEA permit for him ?

IF approved , could he travel to live and work in the UK - if returning with us?

thanks

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Sayafx wrote:thank you for your email. If I did take up a short term job in Germany , could I then apply for an EEA permit for him ?

thanks
i am not sure but as i remember you have stay in EEA country for at least 2 years then you might apply.

montana
- thin ice -

Post by montana » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:29 pm

dasjoker wrote:
Sayafx wrote:thank you for your email. If I did take up a short term job in Germany , could I then apply for an EEA permit for him ?

thanks
i am not sure but as i remember you have stay in EEA country for at least 2 years then you might apply.
Thought treaty rights include the freedom of movement hence i dnt think you need to be in a country two years but they woulld request you once stayed under one roof before.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHARLIE MONTANA

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:23 am

You don't need to work in a member year for two years before returning to the UK. There is no time limit in the regulations but the HO would expect it to be at least 3-6 months.

See similar discussion to your case here.