ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entrepreneur relief

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukdest

entrepreneur relief

Post by ukdest » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

I am on contract with my own limited company. My accountant advised me that closing the company is one way of getting the money out of the business account after paying 10% tax(entrepreneur relief). Here I am saving much better than withrawing big dividents and being on the higher tax bracket taxes which is in the range of 30+% .
I will start a new company after that and contiue as usual.

Has anyone did this before while on visa? By doing this will I have any problems in tier extension?

Thanks in advance.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:47 am

I would contact the UKBA to see whether this would count as income - I can't see anything in the guidance that states that money from the sale of share would be included as income. Away from UKBA, the definition of the money you would be receiving is capital and not income so, basically, it's down to the UKBA's interpretation of the word 'income'

I'd also engage in further talks with your accountant with regards to closing down the company and starting up another one that carries on the same trade and is to all intents and purpose the same organisation. HMRC may seek to counteract any tax advantage if they consider that the process if being undertaken to avoid tax in an abusive way and can do this using the Transactions in Securities rules. Your accountant should be able to advise further with any questions you have.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm

THIS will amount of absing tax rules , any visa obtained will be void and null after this tratment.

In additional it is breach of company Law