ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aspireilr
Newly Registered

When can I apply?

Post by aspireilr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi

I received my entry clearance on 27-11-2007 but travelled to UK on 17-02-2008.

I found the below section in Indefinite leave to remain – calculating continuous period in UK guide which I could not follow.

Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period : In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months.

When can I apply for my ILR? DO I need any additional documentation to prove my late entry?

Thanks

Smallfamily

Re: When can I apply?

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:48 pm

You can apply on 17-02-2013. You passport stamp will prove ur entry date...

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:12 pm

As you entered UK within 3 months, you can count your time period from visa stamp date.

You are not required to give any other doc evidence but give ref to the guidance to be safe.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:32 am

Hi jd, can he apply 28 days before the visa stamp date ?