ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General Extension query(Update Info)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

castlecourt
Newly Registered

Tier1 General Extension query(Update Info)

Post by castlecourt » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 am

I'm in the UK and applied for Tier 1 (Salary + Self Employed) General Extension.

My application was submitted by person(Representative) at PEO-CROYDON on 1st Feb'12 and I gave Bio-metrics same day(PEO office clearly mentioned in our appointment letter that our application would be treated as a weekend pplication despite Bio-metrics date and our Documents can be collected on Monday 6th Feb) but, we've received a letter on Feb 6th(dated on Feb 3rd Friday) stating as below..

"Your application is valid but there are further enquiries that
need to be made on your case and as such your application has
been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made. For
up to date turnaround times on particular appliactions can I please
ask that you visit our website."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Wondering what would be the turnaround timelines for such cases/scenarios?

2. What are the most checks that the UKBA will perfom for a Job+Self Employed renewals?

3. What are the most common rejection scenarios for Self Employed renewals?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends any relavant information/advise is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by castlecourt on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 am

Premium service doesn't ensure same day decisions. In case the case worker has a doubt regarding submitted document(s), UKBA conducts additional checks.

The process might take 4 to 6 weeks. The duration stated is just generic and might be shorter or longer based on different cases.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 am

I am confused a wii bit here. I have an appointment at PEO Birmingham in 4 weeks or so' time. Questions thats creeping in my head reading this post is - when I go in and submit the documents to case worked, what (in very briefly) happens? coz this information in this thread (which may be limited whilst posted) is contridictory to some of the PEO Experience listed here.

Application docs submitted at PEO (Premium Service)
If case worker is hapy with everything (in my case, I am not self employed or anything, all is straight fwd paid salary etc), would he/she not tell you there and then (either way, i.e approved or wait like normal application? When does Biometric thingy comes in?

Huh, I'd one day need a degree to work out Operational Procedures of UKBA :)
QuickSam wrote:Premium service doesn't ensure same day decisions. In case the case worker has a doubt regarding submitted document(s), UKBA conducts additional checks.

The process might take 4 to 6 weeks. The duration stated is just generic and might be shorter or longer based on different cases.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 am

If your case is str8 fwd you should get a response on the same day.

Biometric however will be done at the PEO itself after submitting your application. Followed by which you would get a response (either approval , wait for additional checks or in the worst case rejection)

What I said is, there is no guarantee that you would get a decision the same day. In case it's not a str6 fwd case, verifications take time.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:42 am

Sam - Ta for ur response. I am still missing the boat here :(

I have submitted the application. Paid high fees to go in person. And they can still turn around and say, go back, no decision today. Do your biometric 5 days later, and we will tell you then?
QuickSam wrote:If your case is str8 fwd you should get a response on the same day.

Biometric however will be done at the PEO itself after submitting your application. Followed by which you would get a response (either approval , wait for additional checks or in the worst case rejection)

What I said is, there is no guarantee that you would get a decision the same day. In case it's not a str6 fwd case, verifications take time.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:44 am

Nope...Biometric details will be taken before they give you a response.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 am

Wait....do you think Biometric details are taken after you get an approval?

They actually complete verifications after you submit you biometric details. So you would definitely submit Biometrics the same day and then would get a response.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:48 am

I hope you don't think I am learning German here. But, how does this OP of this thread had premium appointment on 1/2 and had letter on 3rd Feb to tell him about further check? Or did OP failed to mention that, he was advised that his decision is not been made and will process for further checks??
QuickSam wrote:Nope...Biometric details will be taken before they give you a response.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 am

QuickSam wrote:Wait....do you think Biometric details are taken after you get an approval?

They actually complete verifications after you submit you biometric details. So you would definitely submit Biometrics the same day and then would get a response.
Okay so hope i get this straight -

GO to PEO
Submit Documents
Biometrics done
Case worker tells you if he is going to approve the application or pass it on for further checks?
If approved, BRP arrives in post
If not approved same day - wait for 4-6 weeks?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

Well that's for the OP to explain. If you read his post carefully, he gave Biometrics the same day.

In all the cases that I have seen, people are told at the PEO itself that they can contact UKBA the next day (this is just a statement) as they need to conduct further checks. Generally when this happens, the person would have already provided Biometrics.
Last edited by QuickSam on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

Yup ...that looks abt right.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:58 am

I'm getting there. Ta mate. YEs I did misread his post at the first instance. And I think it is more clear, that logically, he would have been told that they will carry further checks (bless OP) and he would be notified (all on 1/2). And following that OP gotten the letter mentioned here within. Told ya, degree course be good for UKBA operation procedure. May another way for DG to make money lol
QuickSam wrote:Well that's for the OP to explain. If you read his post carefully, he gave Biometrics the same day.

In all the cases that I have seen, people are told at the PEO itself that they can contact UKBA the next day (this is just a statement) as they need to conduct further checks. Generally when this happens, the person would have already provide Biometrics.

castlecourt
Newly Registered

Post by castlecourt » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:23 pm

[quote="QuickSam"]Premium service doesn't ensure same day decisions. In case the case worker has a doubt regarding submitted document(s), UKBA conducts additional checks.

The process might take 4 to 6 weeks. The duration stated is just generic and might be shorter or longer based on different cases.[/quote]

Thank you Sam.

IndianConsult
inactive

Hi

Post by IndianConsult » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi,

I am in similar situation like castlecourt. I made my application PEO premium service at Liverpool in the first week of March.

I am employed and scored the necessary points and have the maintenance funds. I did not think that there was anything in my application that could be doubted.

But I was told that the decision could not be taken on that day and was issued a letter which has similar content that CastleCourt has given.

4 to 6 weeks sounds like a quite long duration. Are the PEO same day service application processed on priority or do they become part of normal (by post) route?

@CastleCourt - Did you receive your approval letter and the biometric card (BRP)?

God Bless.

aka189

Post by aka189 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 pm

I was given same letter on 15/03/12 at Sheffield PEO and received approval letter yesterday.

Dont know why they couldnt make decision same day.

I was self employed working through my own company.

It depends sometimes they give quick decision and sometimes they take few weeks.

PCA5
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 General Extension query(Update Info)

Post by PCA5 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:02 am

Hi all
Especially aka189
I am also in the same boat, I submitted my tier 1 2nd extension to cover the shortfall of days to apply for ILR with my 2 dependants, my spouse is full time employed, my child is born here and school going child.
I am self employed- ofsted registered childminder and self employed tailor(stitching business) income I claimed for comprises mostly of childminding, except for 2 parents who paid me into account, rest of them paid nd are paying me in cash, the case worker said, application is valid but further enquiries need to be done with HMRC as my bank statements donot show all of the income I earned, I am self employed for the last 3 years, nd up-to-date with HMRC regarding tax payments nd NI payments, I have never used deception or anything in context of my tax returns.
Further checks which the case worker wants to do are with HMRC as he stated when he handed over the letter to me on Sep.19,2014
I know I am all clear nd genuine in all aspects but still this wait is stressful.
Any ideas what they want to check with HMRC.
I would really appreciate the reply from senior members nd anyone who has faced a similar situation.
Would like to add- all the supporting documents were complete nd was not asked for any more documents.
Thanks in advance