ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conjugal partner visa.

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RooBot
Newly Registered

Conjugal partner visa.

Post by RooBot » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:04 pm

Hi there folks, this is my first post.

What I'm wondering is this..

My fiancee and I are applying for a conjugal partner visa in two weeks, what I'm a little confused about is would she need a countersignatory on her set of completed forms?

She's 19 and starting university (for four years) in September.

I currently reside in England and she´s Canadian born and bred (but has Scottish parents so dual citizinship), and is living in Canada at the moment, near Toronto.

The sole reason I´m moving to Canada is to be with her.

Thanks in advance :).

RooBot
Newly Registered

Post by RooBot » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:24 pm

I should probably make things slightly clearer :).

We´ve been in a relationship for about two years now visiting each other when we can, I've got mounds and mounds of letters, emails, photographs of when we were together etc etc.

She´ll be living on campus for minimum of one year from this September, which obviously prohibits me from living with her, after that first year is up though (it´s compulsory) we plan on living together and getting married.

Her parents don´t want her to get married until she´s finished university, as they´re paying for her tuition and so on.

I know there are certain sections which say that unwillingness to give up studies isn´t a reason, but it would be highly selfish if I even thought of asking her to do that for the sake of a visa, which I´m not going to do :).

She's currently living in Canada, and has done pretty much all her life.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:35 pm

AFAIK you would need to have lived together for a year before CIC even consider you to be in a common law relationship - visiting regularly is not deemed to meet this criteria.