ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medicals Requested

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

setram
Newly Registered

Medicals Requested

Post by setram » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:04 pm

Hi

I have got Medical Exam request. My wife's pregnancy test came back positive few days back. Fetus is 20 days old now. My biggest dilemma is if I go for medicals now what will happen?. If they do papsmear test will it affect the fetus?. If they take X-ray will it affect the fetus?.

Can I exclude/delay my wife's petition at this point?.

Please any inputs?.

Thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:24 pm

It is helpful for you to use the search function on the forum as this query has featured several times -I'll start you off with the following links.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6916

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=4685

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:50 am

Setram,
Read the threads suggested by the moderator and you would be fine.

It is not advisable to go through the medicals whilst wife is pregnant. X-rays are very risky and dangerous during pregnancy and therefore it is not advisable (I have read somewhere though that, a techie used a technique to cover the pregnancy and went through with the x-ray but I won't subject my wife through this).

You have two options really:

1. Take the medical exams now without the x-rays for your wife and after the birth of the child she undergoes the x-ray and then your child would also need medicals as well.
The risk is that, your medicals can expire and you would have to pay again to go through it the second time. Not worth it!!!

2. Inform CIC of the pregnancy and they would wait till the birth of the child and send you new medical forms for the whole family (assuming you update them with child's birth cert, ppt pix, passport copies and pay the application fee of course).
I guess waiting for one year more won't hurt but rather will save you a lot of pain to go through the process again.

The choice is really yours and you can decide to wait or go ahead with the partial x-ray. Good luck.
Praise The Lord!!!!